• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to find out about events in my area?

5 posts in this topic

Do any of you guys know what the easiest way is to find out about comic conventions that may be going down anywhere near my area? As I recall there is a listing in the back of each Wizard but I'm not sure it covers everything, and I can see how any events in my less traveled area could easily fall through the cracks in this Thread, so I was kinda wondering if there is any one spot you can look at that will pretty much cover everything. I never been to a convention or anything like that before and was thinking it might be fun.

Thanks,

Jimbo

Your local comic shop would probably have info on anything close; I know mine always has flyers a month or so before any comic/sci-fi conventions. Or just Google 'Colorado Springs/Denver comic convention' and you're sure to find them.

Right on, yeah I didnt think to ask at a comic shop cause there is only one store left here in the Springs that is a true comic book shop. There is one other besides that one that has a lot of inventory and gets all the new books but if you go in there ask which titles Brian Michael Bendis is currently writing on, or which artists are going to working on a certain story line, they have no friggin clue what your talking about.

But, yeah I'll certainly ask ol boy at the good shop and see what he knows. Thanks.