• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic backgrounds

28 posts in this topic

What exactly are you looking for? What are you trying to do? confused.gif

i want to put them in strips with people infront of them. saves drawing them.

Okay, then. The cheapest way would be to buy a digital camera and do it yourself as many photographers like to see some money when people use their images.

Ignoring that option you could try something like http://www.gettyimages.com/ for professional images.

You could also just go to http://images.google.com, check off "wallpaper-sized" in the Advanced Image Search, and hope that you find truly "free" images or no one notices that you ripped them off. A very dicey situation if you plan to make any money on what you're doing.

Or you could go to www.alltheweb.com

and search for pictures.

Rob is correct. You're going to be gambling at using something that has a copyright.

You could be in for trouble if that is the case.

And, anything published on the internet, unless it specifically says so, is copyrighted and not for free use.

I was kind of hoping that i could find a site run by some really generouse person who offers them for free. I want them to be comic backgrounds and not photographs

Since you are using photoshop just use those photographs as a template and draw your backgrounds over them (photo placed on the different layer)

I was kind of hoping that i could find a site run by some really generouse person who offers them for free. I want them to be comic backgrounds and not photographs. insane.gif

Good luck finding someone who Gerhard's for free. Inked architectural work is a pain in the [!@#%^&^] to do.

Again, you can buy clip-art. The getty link offered yesterday will work for that too, as will a trip to the local bookstore/ software store. You could also search for illustrations from the 1800s that have fallen into the public domain.