• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Special Golden Age book post. Post a special treasure...

74 posts in this topic

My coolest and most favorite golden age book by a country mile. Centaurman was generous enough to give it to me instead of cash for some work I did for him. Yes, Win is the man, no doubt.

headline8.jpg

Who did you have to kill?

Angelo

far from my most valuable, yet BY FAR my favorite and most cherished GA book!

This funny book has the following charecteristics, which is why it is #1 with me:

1. from an original owner collection

2. unrestored with OW/W Pages

3. features my favorite comic character -- Batman!

4. high grade

5. high demand

6. bought for only $4,300 ( about 1/2 of its market value devil.gif)

7. bought 'raw'

1846002-bat-3002.jpg

Steve

1846002-bat-3002.jpg.51ed13a3b99ef7a04b8e97882448c75c.jpg

It took me years to find a nice copy on this and I've been pleased as punch to own it since then.

Police25med.jpg

This funny book has the following charecteristics, which is why it is #1 with me:

4. high grade

5. high demand

7. bought 'raw'

1846002-bat-3002.jpg

Steve

A blemish free black cover, don't see one of those every day. Most impressive Steve, what would it grade out as 8.5-9.0?

4. high grade

5. high demand

7. bought 'raw'

1846002-bat-3002.jpg

Steve

A blemish free black cover, don't see one of those every day. Most impressive Steve, what would it grade out as 8.5-9.0?

8.5 to 9.0 all day long as far as I'm concerned.....our beloved hosts disagreed....

1846095-bat3-graded.jpg

1846095-bat3-graded.jpg.a5a46231474ea5a097bd23935ee38d20.jpg

4. high grade

5. high demand

7. bought 'raw'

1846002-bat-3002.jpg

Steve

just gorgeous steve; i love it.

4. high grade

5. high demand

7. bought 'raw'

1846002-bat-3002.jpg

Steve

8.5 to 9.0 all day long as far as I'm concerned.....our beloved hosts disagreed....

1846095-bat3-graded.jpg

That is truly a gorgeous book, Steve! And it looks so much better freed from it's tomb! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not a particularly valuable or sought after book, but I love this Buck Rogers robot cover. This was the first pedigree book I ever bought (Lost Valley) and the colors are just amazing, especially the reds. It's one of those books that even after owning it for several years, I still pull it out every now and then just to look at it. cloud9.gif

FamousFunnies082LV2sm.jpg

Not a particularly valuable or sought after book, but I love this Buck Rogers robot cover. This was the first pedigree book I ever bought (Lost Valley) and the colors are just amazing, especially the reds. It's one of those books that even after owning it for several years, I still pull it out every now and then just to look at it.

I note a curious resemblance to a later science fiction hero. Now who could that be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW, didn't a special treasure join your household not that long ago?

Fantastic comics, everyone!

Here's the kind of book that get's me excited: early, rare, and impossibly high grade. Market value is much less important to me.

CE_M2-5.jpg

Btw., I decided to drop my Mickey Mouse Magazine thread after various people started downloading the images and adding them to their own web pages without asking me or giving credit. Don't want to be a prune, but stuff like that is kind of demotivating.

Btw., I decided to drop my Mickey Mouse Magazine thread after various people started downloading the images and adding them to their own web pages without asking me or giving credit. Don't want to be a prune, but stuff like that is kind of demotivating.

Sorry to hear that. frown.gif

Thanks for sharing this one and the others! thumbsup2.gif