• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con - Forum Report

129 posts in this topic

I avoided him at adventurecon, didn't even look at him, because once you look at him he has you.

Have you ever noticed some of those insane signs he has hanging around

like the one that says:

"Have it my way, NOT have it your way - This isn't Burger King"

His bizzare sale tactics and how he treats customers it's a wonder he sales anything...

while I was there he told off a guy that was motioning to come behind the counter

to look at some of the books that he had hanging up.

What a Nutweed!

insane.gif

Gaped in utter amazement at the stuff people are looking for.

What stuff would that be? popcorn.gif

you know...random *spoon* that, were you to come across them in your own longboxes when prepping for something like the VCC, you would not fathom how someone would want to pay anything for that book, much less real money.

i really wanted to tell the guy looking for Ambush Bug that we did have a copy, and for the guy looking for the 1986 Blue Beetle series confused-smiley-013.gif

I avoided him at adventurecon, didn't even look at him, because once you look at him he has you.

27_laughing.gif So true. I just wanted to check out some of the stuff he had, not really planning on buying. But, he does talk a good game and when he said, "Forget the sticker, what's a price you'd feel good with on this book?", I figured what the heck? Got a book I wanted at a price I liked. Let me check the book as much as I wanted.

Nice report Chrisco! It was you!!!!! Your'e the guy who bought that Goon Noir page! Hehehe. Yeah, I shouldn't have waited until Saturday to buy one. I bought a Noir page too. I was also thinking about that $800 page, but I was in the same boat as you and couldn't muster the courage to pull the trigger. I had a great time as always.

Here's my Heroes haul..

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=50712

Thanks. Yeah, I asked if he wouldn't mind doing one for me cause Goon wasn't on the page and he was very cool about it. It was nice to watch him draw it, cause he's got it down to such a science that he does it really fast and it just materializes right in front of you. Definitely one of the best highlits of the show for me. Glad you were able to get one too.

I haven't been able to get on the boards since I got back because my internet is down, so I am getting a few minutes online now at a friend's house.

This year's Heroes Con was great. Even more fun then last year's. I hung out with CPG member jbprince and a friend of his, as well as several CGC board members (bigmike, capt comics, sal, mr bedrock, boyd and dr banner). I had a fantastic lunch with arexcrooke, nerfherder and chriso which was a lot of fun. All are great guys, as nice and friendly as they come. Unfortunately, only chrisco was able to hang out at the con all weekend. I talked a lot with most of the dealers on the floor which was fun. I'll get a few pictures up when my internet is back online. I didn't buy a lot, as I wasn't able to make any sales this time. I did get a few bargains though. I got an X-men #56 (7.5), 82 (5.5) and 120 (8.5) for just $50. I also got the huge Golden Age Gerber guide set for $100 and the new Overstreet for $20. I wanted to get a con sketch, but artists just charge crazy money now for sketches. I don't understand how people pay it. I saw sketches generally costing $60-80, and as high as $300 for Mark Brooks.

The original art auction was cool, but running extremely late. The pieces went for big money with the Adam Hughes piece breaking the record at $5000. I put a low ball bid on the Don Rosa piece, but was outbid. I didn't mind though. It was SO much fun. Charlotte is such a great city.