• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone get the new JP the Mint catalog?

22 posts in this topic

George,

is there any journeys in there? If so, what and how much? Kevin

no it is just a showcase of elite books like Det #38 cgc 9.4, ASM #1 in 9.6, more fun #53 cgc 9.6, action #1, etc.....small catalog. i did see a JIM #121,123 on ebay.

What'd he list the Spidey 1 CGC 9.6 at? I think he paid around $90K-$100K late last year. I figure he priced it at $150K-$175K

$150K

I'll call him tomorrow and write him a check...not that the check will be any good. 27_laughing.gif

What'd he list the Spidey 1 CGC 9.6 at? I think he paid around $90K-$100K late last year. I figure he priced it at $150K-$175K

$150K

I'll call him tomorrow and write him a check...not that the check will be any good. 27_laughing.gif

::: Pulls gmans notebook out and flips to page on Kevin Shuley....writes down "looking for Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.6" :::

Here are his Comic listings. Killer books at killer prices. It seems he can't be bothered with anything priced less than 25K:

Detective #38 CGC 9.4 (Nic Cage, sun-burned copy): 180K

More Fun #53 CGC 9.4: 180K

ASM #1 CGC 9.6: 150K

Action #1 CGC 4.5(blue, Nic Cage) 125K

Marvel Comics #1 CGC 6.0 (Nic Cage) 65K

Sub-Mariner #1 CGC 9.0 65K

Star Spangled #7 CGC 9.4 (Mile High) 50K

Green Lantern #1 CGC 9.0 (Nic Cage) 48K

Planet Comics #1 CGC 9.4(Nic Cage) 48K

Action Comics #25 CGC 9.6 (Mile High) 47.5K

Boy Commandos #1 CGC 9.4(Mile High) 45K

More Fun #74 CGC 9.6 (Mile High) 30K

Marvel Mystery #5 CGC 8.0 (Lamont Larsen) 30K

Marvel Comics #4 CGC 9.0 (Nic Cage) 28K

ASM # 3 CGC 9.4 25K

Bulletman #5 CGC 9.8 (Mile High) 25K

$150K

::: Pulls gmans notebook out and flips to page on Kevin Shuley....writes down "looking for Spider-Man #1 CGC 9.6" :::

27_laughing.gif893Funny-thumb.gif

He put out a larger catalog earlier with some of his "cheaper" 1-5k books. I think the inventory is still up to date on his website as well. Guessing that he just wanted to highlight the gems that he has.

Brian

Got my copy in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

In your listing of comics, you left out the VF/NM 9.0 Pay Copy of Marvel Comics #1. I am sure that there is going to be a long line-up of buyers for this book since it is available at the bargain basement price of only ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Any other takers for this book at this price.

Here are his Comic listings. Killer books at killer prices. It seems he can't be bothered with anything priced less than 25K:

Detective #38 CGC 9.4 (Nic Cage, sun-burned copy): 180K

More Fun #53 CGC 9.4: 180K

ASM #1 CGC 9.6: 150K

Action #1 CGC 4.5(blue, Nic Cage) 125K

Marvel Comics #1 CGC 6.0 (Nic Cage) 65K

Sub-Mariner #1 CGC 9.0 65K

Star Spangled #7 CGC 9.4 (Mile High) 50K

Green Lantern #1 CGC 9.0 (Nic Cage) 48K

Planet Comics #1 CGC 9.4(Nic Cage) 48K

Action Comics #25 CGC 9.6 (Mile High) 47.5K

Boy Commandos #1 CGC 9.4(Mile High) 45K

More Fun #74 CGC 9.6 (Mile High) 30K

Marvel Mystery #5 CGC 8.0 (Lamont Larsen) 30K

Marvel Comics #4 CGC 9.0 (Nic Cage) 28K

ASM # 3 CGC 9.4 25K

Bulletman #5 CGC 9.8 (Mile High) 25K

Here's a fun question. Which book do you think you'd have best chance of making your money back in 5 years??

Got my copy in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

In your listing of comics, you left out the VF/NM 9.0 Pay Copy of Marvel Comics #1. I am sure that there is going to be a long line-up of buyers for this book since it is available at the bargain basement price of only ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Any other takers for this book at this price.

Well, I guess that confirms it...JP never did sell that for a million dollars as was previously reported. Does anybody remember where we heard that at? I'm thinking it was inferred in one of his ads as something like "home of the million-dollar Pay Copy of Marvel Comics #1," but I can't remember.

I think I'll start a company and run ads that say "home of the million-dollar copy of CGC 9.0 X-Factor #1". I haven't sold an X-Factor 9.0 for that much, but much like JP, I hope to any day now! smile.gif