• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Good Thing About the New Label

19 posts in this topic

I just thought of one small positive concerning the new CGC label:

It helps date CGC books/submissions.

For those without CGC membership, the constant label shifts have allowed general collectors to roughly determine grading date and at least estimate how old the materials are.

I like that the Cert. # is larger now....I can actually see it on most of the scans on ebay and therefore can check the data on that book... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not to mention that Stevie Wonder can now make out the numerical grade. 27_laughing.gif

For those without CGC membership, the constant label shifts have allowed general collectors to roughly determine grading date and at least estimate how old the materials are.

That is an interesting point......I'm glad I thought of it 11 days ago. makepoint.gif

That is an interesting point......I'm glad I thought of it 11 days ago. makepoint.gif

Plagiarist... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yep, but wouldn't it be even better if CGC put the grading date ON the label. shocked.gif

Nah, wouldn't want them to ADD something to the label, probably not enough space. tongue.gif

Maybe you shouldn't be doing that.......since your brain doesn't appear to work as quickly as mine. gossip.gif

Oh yeah, that was quite the leap of logic. insane.gif

Don't you guys recognize a conciliatory "glass is half full" post when you see one?