• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stop buying???

53 posts in this topic

lol. Hey Robby, if you weren't a damn lawyer, I would actually respect you! tongue.gif

P.S. I don't ever recalling you dissing me like that BEFORE you bought all my CGC gems! confused.gifmad.gif

Ahhh, I heard that Miami is full of "hunnies" as well smile.gif My friend from High school that now goes to Florida State says he likes it there. He told me that that area of Florida is very similar to Southern Cali. Something about the beach & nice weather I guess ahhaha tongue.gif

Latinas are very nice (if they wax the hair on their arms & back) tongue.gif But I like variety, asians, latinas, caucasians, etc etc. Especially mixed ones tongue.gif Those are the best! Does Florida have a wide variety??? I've never been there before tongue.gif

tink,

So I am a "bleeting sheep" because I used the term 'doom and gloom'? All right, then how about 'redundant' instead? That was really the point. It wasn't the message I was discussing, but the shear volume of repetitions.

But you're right, that can easily be misconstrued as "because I'm tired of seeing so many similar posts, everyone should sink a chunk of money into CGC books." I'll try to be more clear next time.

I'm sorry you lost so much in the stock market. I didn't lose a dime. Was it my intense market savvy? Nope, just plain old poverty. I can't afford stock. Can't afford to buy comics, either. You can't lose what you don't have. So my advice is to give away the money you still have so that you'll never have to worry about losing another dime. (I figured I should throw in some monumentally sucky advice in this note, so that you don't have to make things up next time).

Okay, here's some more advice: NEVER use comics as an investment tool. Let the value lie completely in the stories, not the grade. I guarantee you'll never get burned again if you follow that advice. That's what I did when I collected comics, and now that I've had to sell many of my collection, I'm finding others that feel the same way. This "bleeting sheep" sells mostly low to mid-grade silver age DC's. When I notice a high grade comic, I tend to laugh because I can't figure out how it got in MY collection. Not that I never paid good money for books. I was desperate to read golden age stories, yet DC had no Wonder Woman archives at the time. So I went out and bought a bunch of GA WW and Sensation Comics. I took those valuable books home and immediately did the unthinkable: read them. Read them all. Then, because I knew how hard they were to find, I wrote up cheeky little story synopses and posted them on Compuserve, AOL, and Racdu, so I could share my bounty with others.

Now if you're completely annoyed by this post, I'd understand it. It gets tiresome seeing someone talk about "comics are for reading", doesn't it? Like a broken record sometimes. Especially if that's not what you want to hear, or not how you see the hobby, or doesn't fit your idea of interesting, etc. Well, guess what? That's how constant talk of high grade Marvel CGC books crashing sounds to me. Not because I own any (I don't) but because it's just so darn redundant! It's been said in hundreds of posts in hundreds of ways. Baa Baa, like bleeting sheep, they are.

-- Joanna

As far as women in Fla -very nice selection in all nationalities. I live on the beach about half way down the state - about 2 hrs north of Miami - and lots of nice things to see. I go to one of the nicer gyms in town to work out at lunch and several of the professional dancer/entertainers train there too - very nice free floor show. Most of them have had a little work done but I have nothing against a little minor pro. restoration know what i mean?

Well, if Tink's wrong, and you never are, then you're not Tink, and therefore your record's safe, right? And since you're the only person that can answer that, I don't need to hear the answer.

Just to clarify, the "shill" part of the guessing game has nothing to do with ebay bidding, or anything else illegal, etc.,. Arch has said there are imposters and aliases afoot, and if the case I made doesn't look convincing, then I guess it's not, huh? Finally, your insinuation that anyone would get kicked off for that thread is laughable given the threats, name calling, and potty-mouth language some of the posters around here use. mad.gif

Hey, I like the "new" CI much more than the "eeyore" CI, but the whole common terminology (and philosophy) links established in the post certainly make a compelling case, dontcha think?????