• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Complete DC Bronze Age

33 posts in this topic

Stronguy recently posted his list of The Complete Marvel Bronze Age when he completed his amazing collection of those comics. hail.gif

I'm interested in a comparable list of DC comics - anyone have a complete DC list? Or something that would get a collective effort at compiling such a list off to a good start? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

can someone post this. i don't have excel, so i can't get this to open. i'm very interested in a complete dc bronze age list.

Give me the specific cut-offs time-wise and I'll post them. thumbsup2.gif

can someone post this. i don't have excel, so i can't get this to open. i'm very interested in a complete dc bronze age list.

Give me the specific cut-offs time-wise and I'll post them. thumbsup2.gif

Jan 1970 to Dec 1979

I've downloaded the Excel and turned on an autofilter and you'd think it would be an easy matter to just display all the rows where the year contains "197"... but Excel isn't cooperating.... Then there'd still be the matter of summarizing the list, not having one row per issue! foreheadslap.gif

Cool!

I'm one macro away from consolidating the list into that brief form. I wasted time trying to manually edit the list. Stoopid!

<Begin Excel Geekfest>After giving up the editing approach, I did subtotal for min and max, then was struggling to figure out a quick way to summarize the min and max values for each title into a single line. How'd you do that? Just a macro referencing the current line and then the next line issue number value?</End Excel Geekfest>

Cool!

I'm one macro away from consolidating the list into that brief form. I wasted time trying to manually edit the list. Stoopid!

<Begin Excel Geekfest>After giving up the editing approach, I did subtotal for min and max, then was struggling to figure out a quick way to summarize the min and max values for each title into a single line. How'd you do that? Just a macro referencing the current line and then the next line issue number value?</End Excel Geekfest>

I didn't use the summary function (sub-total) because I knew it would be a pain later on, same as you ran into. Instead I grabbed only the 197X years first and worked on those. Sorted them by title and issue #. Then I created a column with an if statement to find where the titles changed. I had my starting points. I added another column for the ending points. That is I created a column with a dummy variable taking on 1 if it was either the start or end of a title list. I then discarded anything in the middle through another sort. Final step was a concatenate statement to put in the brief format above.