• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to handle this double/triple corner bend grade wise? please

5 posts in this topic

Please see the attachment. What you are looking at is the back bottom left corner of the book. I had to place the book on its spine to get the light just right on this corner bend. Im always, or have always been perplexed on these type of bends, e.g., double or triple bends and I never see this covered, say, in the overstreet grading guide. Now for example, on a basically flawless book what would this grade as "roughly?" Help GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

1853934-corner1.jpg.7526189f63095203e7b7e74ad7bbdbe0.jpg

Rob,

It's a severe defect, even with an otherwise perfect book. It's a crunched corner with damage through the book. A defect like this, even alone, drops a book out of the VF range . . . my thought? 6.5 at best sorry.gif

Divad,

Really? That bad? OUCH!!!!! You are very perceptive, cause I did forget to mention that it does go through the book there on the corner (thanks for mentioning that), it bent all the corners of the pages. I appreciate your kind help. =)

Any other takers?

Rob

I think I often listed books like that a FN- but have realized lately that I might have been too harsh. It's just hard for me to give a book a FN with something that severe, even though it's to a small portion of an otherwise HG book. I'm probably coming around to calling them a FN, but not FN+.