• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ORIGINAL LATE 1950'S CHARLTON ASHCAN..?

4 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone, I came across this book again that I mentioned to some forum members at the SD Con CGC dinner. I remember Mark Haspel telling me there was a guy out there that bought these books but I wanted to see if there is general interests in Old Ashcans from others and possibly some further identification.

The book itself is a Fightin' Air Force cover black and white with a interior of a Hot Rods and Racing Cars issue I beleive. I am estimating the date of the book to be around 1955 to 1956 just before the 1st issue of Fightin Air Force came out. The interior front and back cover of the book is blank. The Splash Page story is called The Quitter and a Clint Curtis story License Suspended is the next one. I would like to get peoples opinions on the book. Does anyone consider these valuable I know the older Superman Ashcan had tremendous value but Main older DC Character VS obscurer newer Charlton title...tough one insane.gif I included pics of front and back cover. Let me know what you guys and or gals think. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ashcanfc.jpg

ashcanbc.jpg

Is the interior b/w or color?

The interior is a full color Hot Rod and Racing Comic. I am sure it is probably the only one in existence. Does anyone else own other ashcans? Or have seen other ashcans from the 50's?