• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Much Are These Worth?

26 posts in this topic

I was over at the Registry seeing if ...

And because I promised myself I'd never partake of these Registry nerdfests

Uh, isn't that exactly what you ARE doing? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

insane.gif

Huh? Show me some Registry sets I've entered, if you please.

juggle.gifjuggle.gif

No silly, I mean visiting the registry and calculating your book's position, value and possible sales targets . . . grin.gif

Sounds like a "nerdfest" to me . . . wink.gif

btw, I agree with you 100%, that those who even have registry sets . . . need a little more in their life insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Huh? Show me some Registry sets I've entered, if you please.

juggle.gifjuggle.gif

No silly, I mean visiting the registry and calculating your book's position, value and possible sales targets . . . grin.gif

Sounds like a "nerdfest" to me . . . wink.gif

btw, I agree with you 100%, that those who even have registry sets . . . need a little more in their life insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey now. 893naughty-thumb.gif What's wrong with sharing our collections there? I love the registry personally.

Of course, one could say that just being part of a comic book message board could mean we all need a little more in our lives. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey now. 893naughty-thumb.gif What's wrong with sharing our collections there?

27_laughing.gif If the Registry was all about sharing, CGC wouldn't rank them or give out awards.

I didn't even know they were doing that last year and was really surprised when got a certificate for my Marvel Tarzan set in the mail. I thought it was pretty cool.

I look at it as kind of fun sharing what I have and looking at what others have. I don't really take it all too seriously. Like I could easily take some more top spots if I wanted to go right out and pick up some 9.4 and 9.6s to pad points for my sets (which I think I've seen some do), but I just stick to the framework of what I was already collecting before using the registry.