• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 6

Choose a comic to depart this list  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a comic to depart this list

67 posts in this topic

Are all the Marvel fans clear that Adventure #247 (which makes a bizarre comeback after being left off the last poll) is up for DELETION this round?

roger that thumbsup2.gif i more vote for the adventure to end now!

Whats an Adventure #247? bye bye.. one vote closer!

Adventure 247 is a very important SA book.

Oh, and FF 2 and AT 27 aren't? You can laugh at Antman all you want, but he's one of the earliest Marvel SA heroes, a member of the original Avengers, and a very important cog in their history.

At this level, all the books have some level of importance.

FF 2 and TTA 27 should not be gone yet. Neither should Adventure 247. Flash 105 and JLA 1, however...

Actually, if not for the book introducing JJJ AND his son AND the Chameleon, as well as being the beginning of Spidey's first title, I might even kick ASM 1 out before most of those.

Any issue that is #105 and doesn't include a 1st appearance of the title character has to go smile.gif At least Adventure #247 includes a 1st appearance, granted a 1st appearance of a team that nobody cares about (unless you are over the age of 60)but a first appearance nonetheless smile.gif

Jim

Adventure 247 is a very important SA book.

Oh, and FF 2 and AT 27 aren't? You can laugh at Antman all you want, but he's one of the earliest Marvel SA heroes, a member of the original Avengers, and a very important cog in their history.

At this level, all the books have some level of importance.

I wouldn't call Ant-man a cog. Maybe an oddity, or a historical footnote. If he was a cog, they wouldn't have changed him to Giant man trying to drum up some interest.

I'm still thinking about the next round. I'm not sure I get the anti-Legion crowd. They were the first SA superhero group, predating JLA by 2 years. That's pretty significant. And they ended up being popular for years in Adventure, Superboy, and their own titles. On the other hand, we're running out of options. Maybe Hulk #1. That title was canceled after 6 issues.

the Legion was also the first NEW super-hero group, instead of a bunch of guys and gals from their own titles getting together.

i'm voting for Pym to go until he does. makes me feel good inside

its cool how each round reveals the next round's contestants, or likely losers.

Or maybe, not so cool, since it skews the voting... by focusing the spotlite of shame on the almost losers of each round.

I think I said the same thing 2 rounds ago?

Adios to the Ant. He didn't even have his costume yet. tongue.gif

Plus, he's so "second tier" (heck, he might even be thrid tier as far as I'm concerned). The only time I've ever been remotely interested in him is when they changed him into the biggest *spoon* ever in Ultimates.

Yeah, wow, I can't believe the Legion might be gone after the next vote.

Yeah, the 4th appearance of the JLA is soooo much more important Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

I think people like it because JLA left the # 1 off the cover stooges.gif

squish- what's that under my shoe?

A spider? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

so soon?

I fully recognize the importance of AF 15 and wouldn't vote for it until the very end. The second appearance of Spider-Man, however (and a krappy cover to boot)...