• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

80's Toys, Video games etc.....Any collectors on here?

60 posts in this topic

As far as I can tell, the 80's had some of the best toys/entertainment(I'm biased of course). And many have now evolved, and are growing into serious hobbies. Toys like Transformers and G.I Joe are starting to bring in the bucks as the 80's kids are beginning to come into their own, financially. Likewise with video games.

I know Dan(Bronty) is quite a serious factory-sealed NES collector.

I myself have started with high grade MOC G.I Joes from 1982-1986, and as much as I love S.A comics, the nostalgia factor is what gets me collecting.

So anyone else here collect any 80's toys or memorabilia, or plan to in the future?

I collect some 70s comic related memorabilia but not many toys. Space is one factor. The comic collection takes up enough room already. If that wasn't an issue I'd probably look at collecting more.....

Jim

As far as I can tell, the 80's had some of the best toys/entertainment(I'm biased of course). And many have now evolved, and are growing into serious hobbies. Toys like Transformers and G.I Joe are starting to bring in the bucks as the 80's kids are beginning to come into their own, financially. Likewise with video games.

I know Dan(Bronty) is quite a serious factory-sealed NES collector.

I myself have started with high grade MOC G.I Joes from 1982-1986, and as much as I love S.A comics, the nostalgia factor is what gets me collecting.

So anyone else here collect any 80's toys or memorabilia, or plan to in the future?

The tranformers and the He-Man action figures were great..I was really big into He -Man and Gi Joe at the time, Around 82-84 I think.I do remember going with a friend of mine to the local Bradlees with his dad to pick up a Nintendo...lol I'm feeling old right now

I have picked up a lot of the original transformers. The best one I have is the big daddy of them all - Omega Supreme that changes from a tank into a space ship. It is huge! It still walks perfectly in robot mode and runs in tank mode. Have most of the other major characters including original Optimus and Megatron. Also into the original glow in the dark Aurora monster models and have a minor collection of wacky pacs stickers.

i collect moc series 1/2 GI Joes. Also any unopened black cost spidey collectible. I used to do the video game thing back when there was a boom in the early 90's but got out of that market except for a select few that i keep for personal enjoyment b/c the gain is a dead end.

i collect moc series 1/2 GI Joes. Also any unopened black cost spidey collectible. I used to do the video game thing back when there was a boom in the early 90's but got out of that market except for a select few that i keep for personal enjoyment b/c the gain is a dead end.

I've got a really nice MOC black costume Spidey from the Secret Wars series. The Spider-man Classics has a nice Black costume Spidey as well....

Transformers are a lot of fun. Definitely a lot of memories there. My Megatron will never be sold 893applaud-thumb.gif ...even though it's in [!@#%^&^] condition crazy.gif

These threads about other collectible areas need pics so that everyone can see what we're talking about... here are some recent acquisitions wink.gif

drag1grad.jpg

gininja3.jpg

excitesuperc.jpg

riverdribble.jpg

I can remember dragging Dad out to the store to buy the games, paying the $60-$80 and getting a game you could finish in 1hr.

I think we bought the laughably bad ET game at one point. 27_laughing.gif

Games are still $55 to $75, but the product is so vastly superior. Back then, River Raid was a deep game....

Without giving away your age wink.gif what system were you playing? There's certainly no NES game I can finish in an hour, even as a grown man crazy.gif

It's not like today's video games with the unlimited continues! Back it the day, you got one shot at it, generally speaking, and if you 893censored-thumb.gif up, the game was over!!