• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comicon Website

64 posts in this topic

I often wonder why Canadian Cons take place in the winter? Are we really that cheap?

No.. only the truelly hardy ballsy ones will come out in winter.

Besides winter dont start till December 21 anyway!

Maybe we'll even find a reason for Greggy to come east!

Pay all my expenses? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You would have to wear pants. Even if it ISN'T cold (I still shuddder at the short-shorts) insane.gif

Nah...I would get bored within a few hours! Takes me a few days in SD but this is a pidly show in comparison! tongue.gif

I often wonder why Canadian Cons take place in the winter? Are we really that cheap?

Which Canadian Cons are you talking about? I can't think of any in the winter off-hand.

Winter doesn't officially start until December 21, so ours is technically in the Fall. We did have one last March - on the 23rd - but that was in the Spring.

btw just curious, how do you equate winter with cheap?

Kev

Nah...I would get bored within a few hours! Takes me a few days in SD but this is a pidly show in comparison! tongue.gif

You called our show "pidly" so that's a definite no on the paid expenses.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Kev

Request permission to assasinate piddly person who make that remark

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll cover your TTC expenses to get down to the show if you do.

Kev

Make it Cab fare, and you've got a deal... smirk.gif

Well fools...you have to pay for my expenses down there before you can assassinate me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kev

Well fools...you have to pay for my expenses down there before you can assassinate me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Can I bribe you with some of my DC's? tongue.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kev

No! 893frustrated.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Kev

No! 893frustrated.gif

I think my sister has some Romance books..... grin.gif

Operation: gossip.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Beyonder flies out to BC and "takes care" of Greggy in exchange for cab fare to the Paradise Toronto Comicon.

This executive action is being sponsored by the Instant Graemlins, who are itching for a vacation from over-use/over-abuse.

I will confirm or deny nothing when questioned.

Kev

Operation: gossip.gif893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gifmakepoint.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Beyonder flies out to BC and "takes care" of Greggy in exchange for cab fare to the Paradise Toronto Comicon.

This executive action is being sponsored by the Instant Graemlins, who are itching for a vacation from over-use/over-abuse.

I will confirm or deny nothing when questioned.

Kev

27_laughing.gif

Winter doesn't officially start until December 21, so ours is technically in the Fall.

Yeah sure, and Canadian Spring starts in March. 27_laughing.gif

Lower rates, more conference rooms open, etc. in the Winter, especially compared to the Summer months.

Winter doesn't officially start until December 21, so ours is technically in the Fall.

Yeah sure, and Canadian Spring starts in March. 27_laughing.gif

Lower rates, more conference rooms open, etc. in the Winter, especially compared to the Summer months.

Toronto is a nice vacation destination in the winter, so I'm sure all of the hotel rooms will be booked. Isn't your show the same weekend as US Thanksgiving? Or is it the week before?

Nevertheless, November is still in the fall (as per your post before you edited it).

And Spring officially starts on March 21st (even if the weather doesn't always reflect it).

Canada isn't on a different calendar than the rest of the world. 893blahblah.gif

I would be happy if you could forward on those cheaper rates to me because we aren't paying any less than someone would pay for this site in the summer months.

The price lists we received from the trade centre and from the convention centre were for the entire year and there were no discounted rates for "winter" months or higher rates for "summer" months. The rates were presented as non-negotiable.

We selected November because (a) we wanted to give the Canadian Expo wide space and (b) there was no way to get a convention of this size organized between March and late May/early June, which is the only time during the summer that we could have booked the show.

I suppose if we went to them in October wanting it for November they might have discounted the space, but how would we have been able to get everyone organized in time?

We selected the November 7-9 weekend because it was only one of three weekends where the building was available between mid-October to mid-December, and because there were no competing comic conventions scheduled on that weekend at that time.

Kev