• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comicon Website

64 posts in this topic

Nah...I would get bored within a few hours! Takes me a few days in SD but this is a pidly show in comparison! tongue.gif

assasinate.gif TARGET AQUIRED

PROFILE: target wears SHORT SHORTS. tongue.gif

Target was troll

TARGET.JPG

Very tempted to make the trip up north...want to get Sienkiewicz to do a big commission for me but the guy doesn't return my e-mails mad.gif, so I need to catch him at a Con. He's going to be at The National show in New York over Thanksgiving weekend, but I don't know if it's worth sacrificing a potential 4-day vacation just to catch him there. Hence, spending a couple of days in Toronto earlier in the month may be the best of all worlds.

If I decide to go, which airport is most convenient to the Con location?

Gene

Very tempted to make the trip up north...want to get Sienkiewicz to do a big commission for me but the guy doesn't return my e-mails mad.gif, so I need to catch him at a Con. He's going to be at The National show in New York over Thanksgiving weekend, but I don't know if it's worth sacrificing a potential 4-day vacation just to catch him there. Hence, spending a couple of days in Toronto earlier in the month may be the best of all worlds.

If I decide to go, which airport is most convenient to the Con location?

Gene

Lester B Pearson International airport only Major airport near Toronto

there is a small island airport int he middle of the city but only small airlines use it

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone know of any cheap, but decent hotels? If I go, I would hope to spend most of my time either at the Con or out on the town (not at the hotel), so I'd be interested in finding the lowest cost hotel that is still clean, safe and conveniently located. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gene

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone know of any cheap, but decent hotels? If I go, I would hope to spend most of my time either at the Con or out on the town (not at the hotel), so I'd be interested in finding the lowest cost hotel that is still clean, safe and conveniently located. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gene

Hmm, try this web site and it should give you some ideas. It is a little slow to load, but it is pretty informative.

www.toronto.com

Alex

The Nov 14-16 is basically the Hobbystar Toronto Comics/Anime/Sci-Fi show(s) shipped over to Montreal.

Mostly the same dealers, a lot of the same guests (like Nimoy). Since they haven't updated their website about the show I couldn't tell you anything more about it, only what I've seen in flyers.

They only started booking dealers for the show in Toronto two weeks ago... they had a lottery for the dealers to see who could have first pick of spots.

I believe that this is the first big show in Montreal in some time, although there have been smaller one and two day shows there - like the two-day comic show in Montreal scheduled for Sept. 20-21 (also organized by HobbyStar).

Kev

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a hotel that isn't clean, safe and decent in the area, here are a list of three star hotels in the area:

-79.3782&max_distance=30&poi_name=Toronto+Air+Canada+Centre+Hotels&GO.x=65&GO.y=13'>http://www3.itravelcanada.com/nexres/search/power_results.cgi?doa_mm=11&doa_dd=07&num_rooms=1&currency_id=USD&dod_mm=11&dod_dd=09&num_adults=1&sort_order=hd&avail=Y&src=10006513〈=ENG&num_children=0&bed_type=NP&smoking_pref=NP&num_beds=0&country=CA&state=ON&city=Toronto&name=&brand=&address_lat_lng=43.6435%2c-79.3782&max_distance=30&poi_name=Toronto+Air+Canada+Centre+Hotels&GO.x=65&GO.y=13

Strathcona Hotel about US$80/night

Victoria Hotel about US$72/night

Novotel Toronto about US$91/night

Radisson Plaze about US$98/night

and then there's our official hotel the Cambridge Suites, they have a rate quoted at US$98/night, we have a special rate set up with them thru our website of US$105/night (offers a little more than the standard rate). We have arranged for shuttle service back and forth from the con from the Cambridge Suites during show hours.

You might want to talk with some other guys from the NYC area who are thinking of coming up (like maybe DAM60). Maybe you guys could split a room to save on costs.

Kev

Hey Kev, You organizing a CGC dinner at the November show?

Not sure if I am... I have a lot of work to do just organizing the convention itself... but I think a Forum dinner is a great idea. Anyone want to pick up the ball and organize the dinner itself?

I honestly don't know if I will be able to make it to the dinner or not, as I may have work to do that night between the end of the Charity Auction and the start of our Saturday night party, but here's what I CAN do...

Any CGC FORUM members who come to the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon CGC Forum dinner are also invited to join our guests, dealers and organizers for a special "invite-only" Comicon party on the Saturday evening of the convention.

Kev

Travel Alert!

If you're going to Toronto, make sure you have your passport or a birth certificate with you. One of my co-workers was not allowed to board a plane from DC to Ottawa on Friday because he didn't have either. Apparently there's some crackdown in Canada on immigration regulations, and the airlines here are being nasty about it.