• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flaming Carrot #3

6 posts in this topic

A Flaming Carrot fan and a Dylan fan...we must have been separated at birth! hail.gif In fact, I just saw Bob at Jones Beach last night...wonderful show.

Anyhow, on to business... grin.gif Sharp book, but spine wear and a few light scratches on back... probably a picky 7.5, maybe 8.0. Love these early Carrots! thumbsup2.gif

A Flaming Carrot fan and a Dylan fan...we must have been separated at birth! hail.gif In fact, I just saw Bob at Jones Beach last night...wonderful show.

Anyhow, on to business... grin.gif Sharp book, but spine wear and a few light scratches on back... probably a picky 7.5, maybe 8.0. Love these early Carrots! thumbsup2.gif

How was the show? I am sure a recording will show up soon. I have a friend that is taping about 15 shows including the Indianapolis one in a couple weeks. My first show was in 86 when he opened (w/ Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers) for The Grateful Dead @ RFK Stadium in DC. Drove up from SC just to see Dylan, the highlight for me was when he came out with the Dead and did Desolation Row. Great show!

Flaming Carrot was always a favorite of mine. I actually got my FC comics from Bob Burden back in 87. I bought some of the Ash Can Editions as well. Not sure if there is any interest in those or not but I thought they were cool to have.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

Cecil

The show wasn't his best ever, but it was definitely a lot of fun. The "old-school" highlights were lovely versions of Visions of Johanna and Shelter from the Storm...but funny enough, probably my favorite song of the night was Nettie Moore. It was the highlight of the shows last fall as well; perfect for his voice, and so haunting.

Sure, I'd love to see those Carrot ashcans! Please post them in the Copper Age forum when time allows.

Jon hi.gif

sumo.gif Exactly. grin.gif

Dylan and the Dead - acoustic shows at the Warfield, sometime during that blur we call the '80's - 5 of 10 shows front and center acclaim.gif