• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap 110 Re-submit?

13 posts in this topic

Here is my Cap 110 CGC 9.4 white pages....old label. Front scan only...but the back is as clean as the front. The upper right appears like there might be a slight blunt, but it is not there. This may be the cleanest 9.4 that I own and think it would get a 9.6 if I send it back in....anyone agree with me?

Scott

CaptainAmerica110New.jpg

The LLC appears to be the culprit. But I could pull a half dozen scans with worse looking 9.6's

If you are inclined to do so, resub it and roll the dice. The odds are decent enough to warrant that.

Ze-

BTW, amazing book.

thumbsup2.gif

That was the only area where I had a question about the book Kenny....the LLC. I think I might play the re-sub game for the first time on this one. Is it best to crack the slab and send the book back raw with the label or send it back slabbed and ask them to re-grade it?

Scott

Be sure to call them first to get grader notes on it. Perhaps there is something else you haven't noticed.

For example, I have a 8.5 that looks like a 9.4, but it has interior page creases that you obviously can't see.

Scott, judging from the scan thats a real sharp book there. The LLC does have a slight problem but I have seen plenty 9.6s that look worse. Is there any general wear on the cover?? Most times people do not look for that but if you tilt your book sideways under strong light you will be able to see if there are any issues on the cover which might be the reason for the grade given. If the cover is flat and the back presents similar to the front then you should go for it.

I totally agree with the comments about calling for the graders' notes, but also think that the LLC "crunch" (even though it's very slight) may be what caused it to grade 9.4.

Regardless, that is one beautiful book! thumbsup2.gif

I think its a super sweet looking 9.4 and would personaly leave it as is

I agree - but it sure looks nicer than the 9.6 for sale over in the other forum sumo.gifinsane.gif

DING DING DING....We have a winner and it is divad. That is the reason I asked about this copy....I couldn't see why mine was lower graded than that copy. As was stated before, I am calling for the notes after the July 4th holiday and see if there is an interior reason why it was given the 9.4

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice.

Scott