• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden/Silver/Bronze...where it begins and ends?!

14 posts in this topic

To everyone

I would like to know the dates (aprox. if possible) for the comics ages (from golden to modern) and which comics defined these "splittings"...it's a confusing subject.

Thanks for all the help and explanations, regards, Pedro.

Golden Age- New Fun Comics, around 1933 if I remember correctly.Some would say Action 1 in 1938

Silver Age-Most people say Showcase 4, first new Flash 1956

Bronze- very diverse opinions on start of this.Sometime in early 1970s is a safe answer. See the myraid of posts about this subject.

Shadroch

Thanks for the reply...looks like the 70's are kind of subjective...it would be interesting to have an "official" chart for this subject, specially the end of bronze age, since it's the one that the majority of us is more linked to.

Thanks again for the help, Pedro.

Go to the index and search for-Bronze age. the start and end of which have been discussed extensively.My own thoughts are it starts with Conan 1 and ends with The Crisis but there are many,many divergent opinions on this.

Everyone agrees Silver Age begins with the return of the Flash in 1956.

Silver/Bronze:

From a Marvel perspective those 25 cents giants which came after the last 15 cent cover and before first 20 cent cover are the cut off point for me.

So 15ct covers are part of the Silver age ("The Post Silver Age") IMO.

Bronze age begins with 20 cent covers and within 2 years ASM 121 122 129

Followed a year later with:

Hulk 181

New X-Men etc...

I have no idea when the Bronze age ends as I don't read any post post 70s comics.

Aces

Don't you think it would be possible to still include AMS nº121,122 on the silver age?!

AMS nº129 will be a nice mark to start of the bronze age,no?

I think the death of Gwen Stacy is a much better "mark" than the 1st appearance of the Punisher. Then again, that's just my opinion. confused-smiley-013.gif

asm121bronzeage.jpg

Overstreet is suggesting the "Death of Gwen Stacy" comic could perhaps introduce the Bronze Age.

I think ASM 121-122 was the apex of the Bronze Age and perhaps defined its ideals more than any other issues, but there was already a grim, death-dealing atmosphere at Marvel since 1970-on.

This ASM run just thrust it into the mainstream through Marvel's best-selling comic.