• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does a Factory issue STAMP date on a comic hurt he CGC?

8 posts in this topic

Like for Example. I a 1974 Issued comic and it is stamped, lets say "Nov 17th" with a stamp pad, probably from teh factory or the mail.. but its on the cover front or back, does that hurt the CGC grade?? Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!... I am debating what copy to get graded.. Could you give me some advice??.. They are BOTH the same comic.. and both have great corners and edges (1974) but heres the difference

A) A few Spine creases - Off white pages - sharp corners and edges

while

B) Almost no spine creases at all, BUT has a touch of red bleed onto 2 of the letters in the name (white letters) and has the date code stamped on the back.. while having OW to W pages... edges and corners are pretty solid.. but not as good as the other one...

which is the better bet to get graded as I can not afford to grade both nor need to.. Thanks a lot for all the help! thumbsup2.gif

I thought of that... But I dont got the funds nor the need to grade both.. what would be the better bet to grade.. on the conditions of both I named (and both are the same comic).. Id really appreciate it ..