• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comic Con 9 pics

15 posts in this topic

Here's my short write-up about my weekend at DCC9 along with some pics. Check out that funny Betty Ross sketch Herb Trimpe did. Also, I have a really bad habit of meeting and talking to new people without ever getting their name, so if you recognize yourself or anyone else on the boards let me know thumbsup2.gif

http://www.comicfanboy.net/node/40

That looks like Kris Moore handing the fallen son book to Herb! he always forgets to take the books out of the bags poke2.gif

That looks like Kris Moore handing the fallen son book to Herb! he always forgets to take the books out of the bags poke2.gif

You can't tell in the pic, but the bag/holder has a hole cut in it around the sketch area...

Yes, that is Kris.

The guy in the forground of this picture is BubbaGump...

DCC9_7.jpg

This guy is Lighthouse...

DCC9_26.jpg

Wonder Woman (who was also the Green Lantern chick the day before) was the best part of the show. Probably the best looking fan costumes (on an appropriate frame) I've seen in quite some time...

DCC9_29.jpg

I bought those ECs the end of the second row, CSS #4 and SSS #12...

DCC9_18.jpg

BTW Kenny, I was the blond guy standing right in front of you and your girlfriend while you were waiting on Trimpe to do you sketch.

Was that you that had the Snake Eyes/Wolvie sketch done or was that person in front of both of us?

BTW Kenny, I was the blond guy standing right in front of you and your girlfriend while you were waiting on Trimpe to do you sketch.

Was that you that had the Snake Eyes/Wolvie sketch done or was that person in front of both of us?

That guy was in front of me. I was the guy right in front of you who stepped aside and let you get your sketch so Herb could take his time on mine.

That guy was in front of me. I was the guy right in front of you who stepped aside and let you get your sketch so Herb could take his time on mine.

That's right...my memories are notoriously short-lived insane.gif You have any pics of your sketch? Trimpe seemed like a really cool guy...I would have gotten pretty irritable after 2 days of sketching and signing.

That's right...my memories are notoriously short-lived insane.gif You have any pics of your sketch? Trimpe seemed like a really cool guy...I would have gotten pretty irritable after 2 days of sketching and signing.

I haven't gotten around to scanning the stuff from this show. Herb did Mr. Fantasitc on my Marvel Value Stamp project then, later, he did a special Hulk piece for me... Hulk standing in Godzilla's mouth holding open his jaws. Herb really got into it and said he wanted to do better, more finished, version of it at home. I need to contact him.

Herb is a great guy, I've met him a couple of times. He really enjoys sketching, meeting, fans and talking about his time at Marvel. I met him at San Diego in 2002 and I think he said that was his first con ever. He was really surprised at the number of people who wanted to meet him and how long his line was. I'm glad to see that things didn't change for this show. I was going to get another sketch on Sunday but only if there was no one else waiting (didn't want to deprive anyone else) but his line never ended... always at least 5-6 people the whole day.

I haven't gotten around to scanning the stuff from this show. Herb did Mr. Fantasitc on my Marvel Value Stamp project then, later, he did a special Hulk piece for me... Hulk standing in Godzilla's mouth holding open his jaws. Herb really got into it and said he wanted to do better, more finished, version of it at home. I need to contact him.

Herb is a great guy, I've met him a couple of times. He really enjoys sketching, meeting, fans and talking about his time at Marvel. I met him at San Diego in 2002 and I think he said that was his first con ever. He was really surprised at the number of people who wanted to meet him and how long his line was. I'm glad to see that things didn't change for this show. I was going to get another sketch on Sunday but only if there was no one else waiting (didn't want to deprive anyone else) but his line never ended... always at least 5-6 people the whole day.

You must have been in line with me twice then because I remember seeing that MVS thing when getting my 181 signed earlier in the day. That's a really cool project.