• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Frazetta OT question

27 posts in this topic

I wanted to purchase the Frazetta Art print because I wanted to have it for wall art. But most of his art or atleast on the website is mostly for adults and someday in the future I feel it might scare children or my gf would end up making me get rid of it because the one I want shows alot of the female body. So I have to think about resale value. I wanted to get his art "Escape from Venus" I think it's beautiful and would make a great conversation piece.

Please tell me you're kidding when you say you think it might scare children,

or that your girlfriend would "make" you get rid of it. 893naughty-thumb.gif

The days of people thinking Frank's artwork is a doorway to damnation is over. Unless you're a Mormon church elder.

I wanted to purchase the Frazetta Art print because I wanted to have it for wall art. But most of his art or atleast on the website is mostly for adults and someday in the future I feel it might scare children or my gf would end up making me get rid of it because the one I want shows alot of the female body. So I have to think about resale value. I wanted to get his art "Escape from Venus" I think it's beautiful and would make a great conversation piece.

Please tell me you're kidding when you say you think it might scare children,

or that your girlfriend would "make" you get rid of it. 893naughty-thumb.gif

The days of people thinking Frank's artwork is a doorway to damnation is over. Unless you're a Mormon church elder.

Since I live with other people I have to think about them and what they may feel. If I had a house of my own there wouldn't be a hesitation. I would cover the wall with every painting that I liked. However thats not the case at this time. so please excuse me writing my concerns.

Yeah I agree I wouldn't spend that much money on a print. If you want one of the nicer Frazetta pieces that you, me, and many others can't afford pick up a poster for like 10 bucks. We had this one in the bathroom in our apartment at school this year. I got to see it every time I took a *spoon*.

042_3-4~The-Brain-Posters.jpg

Nice choice

web page

pending on how much my auction goes for I will be very tempted to buy this. It just is too beautiful too pass up even if it is not worth the price.

Lots of folks buy prints simply to spruce up their place. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are comfortable with the hit you're likely to take when you sell. One option is to employ some patience and find the litho you want on the secondary market so that you aren't paying retail.

It seems to me with Frazetta that it takes about $2000 - $2500 (usually, unless you luck out like our friend above) to get in the game for a decent pencilled sketch or comic art. If you offered me a print for $1000 or a 50's comic page by Frazetta for $2000, I'd take the latter even if it meant saving up the money or buying on payments. To me, buying a print at $1000 means that it's going to be a long time before that piece gains value.

Actually at the may signature auction the was a nice sketch page with several detailed head sketches of african males a head sketch of a gorilla and a sketch leapord with a nice solid full signature. the piece went for about 750 dollars. that same auction also had a frazetta watercolor prelim for about 3500. so nice frazetta can be had cheap if you luck out and are ready with the money.