• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How To Conduct Proper Deal Negotitations With Forum Members

65 posts in this topic

Step 5... name names and deal details

I've had my share of no deals, but success and happy forumites for the most part.

Like the infamous DanDrista incident? confused-smiley-013.gif

The Dripsta....another short lived shill? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif but statement applies: Ithink there were happy forumites at the end of that debacle tongue.gif

IMO.. just because somebody is a forum member, does not mean that this person is better or worst than somebody else. We would like to believe that the members we discuss our opinions with on a regular basis are above the rest of the " others " out there. In some cases happens !! Communication fails and disaggreements are established. We can only hope that bad feelings are amended.

Best of Luck.!!

IMO.. just because somebody is a forum member, does not mean that this person is better or worst than somebody else.

Hey, speak for yourself pinhead. 27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

IMO.. just because somebody is a forum member, does not mean that this person is better or worst than somebody else.

Hey, speak for yourself pinhead. 27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

It was a wordplay joke Greggy, I thought that would be clear.

Big Man - it's probably for the best. For all those that haven't dealt with Big Man, he can't grade for [!@#%^&^] - you see he UNDER grades!!!! He sold me some books that he calls G/Vg that I would give SOLID VGs too . . .

He is all aces - cut me a deal when I bought a bunch of his Batman books off his store adn threw in free insurance. Really a stellar guy.

Hey Big Man - find me my missing Batman books and I will paypal you asap! smile.gif Also spending money on Actions and Detectives in the VG range

DAM

I am with you Bigman. I think it is a crock. I have my own situation with two forum members where I have paid for books and have yet to receive them. One won't even respond to my requests as to where it is and the other just doesn't seem to give a [!@#%^&^].

Don't ask me to out them because it is not my style, but it has been months and I am [!@#%^&^] irritated. I can assure you that I won't be doing business with them again. 893frustrated.gif

John that's complete BS and I'm really sorry about that.

Warning to all forum members: if you like buyers who pay ASAP with no hassels than whatever you do - AVOID Mushroom! tongue.gif John and I did some business a while back and he was kind enough to cut me a US MO since I didn't want to deal with the pay pal fees . . .all class . . .

DAM

I am with you Bigman. I think it is a crock. I have my own situation with two forum members where I have paid for books and have yet to receive them. One won't even respond to my requests as to where it is and the other just doesn't seem to give a [!@#%^&^].

Don't ask me to out them because it is not my style, but it has been months and I am [!@#%^&^] irritated. I can assure you that I won't be doing business with them again. 893frustrated.gif

I know that if I had a problem with a forum member and that member was not following thru with a transaction. ( I am only talking about me paying for something and not receiving it) then I would be putting the name and details on here in a second...to put some "heat" on them and maybe making it public and embarssing them would get some results. - If someone was going to buy something, then decided that they didn't want it a short time later....so what ? - It happens all the time and it's really no big deal. - I have had people do it to me and there are no hard feelings....

Sigh.....Dam is trying to mend fences.....he must have been the guy that stiffed Bigman......and not in the same way that greggy likes to "stiff" big men. blush.gif

No, I'm true to my word as BigMan can vouch for . . . smile.gif

I just wanted to give the Big Man the DAM60 forum approval . . .

DAM

Sigh.....Dam is trying to mend fences.....he must have been the guy that stiffed Bigman......and not in the same way that greggy likes to "stiff" big men. blush.gif

No, I'm true to my word as BigMan can vouch for . . . smile.gif

I just wanted to give the Big Man the DAM60 forum approval . . .

DAM

I will definately say Dam is not the one in question and thanks for the continued vote of confidence. As far as I am concerned with the deal that fell apart I am over it. It happened made me mad and now I am my nice cheerful self again. You need VG Actions and Detectives I might be able to help you out. If my friend gets out of comics completely and sells his collection I might also be able to help you out on some early Batman's. Including one that needs to be submitted to CGC a Det. #27 its restored but still a #27.... cloud9.gif By the way is that my VG grading or yours grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Yikes, hopefully they get their act together and at least contact you and let you know what the hell is going on. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah...lighthouse should answer his PMs! blush.gif

Why I oughta... *sigh* ... you're right... tongue.gif

At least I know Mushroom isn't talking about me... Our deal went as smooth as silk... cloud9.gif

And I am clearly not the worst forum deal that BigMan has had lately... although I did give him permission to throw rocks at me in the town square after I forgot to reply to his PM and then used his package as a paperweight for a couple days... 893frustrated.gif

But no deal even comes close to the deal that silverandbronze and I are working on... Not even close... It's taken a concerted effort on both our parts to make a deal as messed up as the one we've got going... Picture a 3-hr James Cameron movie of the SNL "Juice" skit... acclaim.gif

Yikes, hopefully they get their act together and at least contact you and let you know what the hell is going on. 893naughty-thumb.gif

At least I know Mushroom isn't talking about me... Our deal went as smooth as silk... cloud9.gif

And I am clearly not the worst forum deal that BigMan has had lately... although I did give him permission to throw rocks at me in the town square after I forgot to reply to his PM and then used his package as a paperweight for a couple days... 893frustrated.gif

But no deal even comes close to the deal that silverandbronze and I are working on... Not even close... It's taken a concerted effort on both our parts to make a deal as messed up as the one we've got going... Picture a 3-hr James Cameron movie of the SNL "Juice" skit... acclaim.gif

Hmmm not the worst one yet though there is still hope considering I still have not got the books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif Hopefully they will arrive soon, though I might still have to leave you forum feedback of:

Slower than eBay Fixing Feedback after the approval from Squaretrade but I got the books... tongue.gifgrin.gif

27_laughing.gif

At least I know Mushroom isn't talking about me... Our deal went as smooth as silk...

And I am clearly not the worst forum deal that BigMan has had lately... although I did give him permission to throw rocks at me in the town square after I forgot to reply to his PM and then used his package as a paperweight for a couple days...

But no deal even comes close to the deal that silverandbronze and I are working on... Not even close... It's taken a concerted effort on both our parts to make a deal as messed up as the one we've got going... Picture a 3-hr James Cameron movie of the SNL "Juice" skit...

Hmmm not the worst one yet though there is still hope considering I still have not got the books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif Hopefully they will arrive soon, though I might still have to leave you forum feedback of:

Slower than eBay Fixing Feedback after the approval from Squaretrade but I got the books... tongue.gifgrin.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, according to the Llamas'R'Us website, the pack llama carrying your package is in Ontario... Whether that's Canada or one of the 23 states that have a town called Ontario, your guess is as good as mine...

I know that if I had a problem with a forum member and that member was not following thru with a transaction. ( I am only talking about me paying for something and not receiving it) then I would be putting the name and details on here in a second...to put some "heat" on them and maybe making it public and embarssing them would get some results. - If someone was going to buy something, then decided that they didn't want it a short time later....so what ? - It happens all the time and it's really no big deal. - I have had people do it to me and there are no hard feelings....

Everybody does things differently. If the only reason somebody responds to me is because I dump a load on them on the boards then that's a crock to. I just want them to do business properly.

I had a recent situation where I didn't receive a PC comics Kirby Captain Victory approval cover. I contacted the seller ICOLLECT (Steve Schanes) and asked when he had sent it. His response was that he would refund my money and if the cover ever turned up then I should send him the money then.

The end result was that I told steve to keep the money as the issue wasn't his but I can assure you that I would do business again with this seller any day of the week.

Let's make a set of guidelines that the CGC forum members have to follow in order to deal in the marketplace

That's easy.

1. Pay what you owe when you owe it.

2. Send the books when you get the money.

It's not complicated.

Let's make a set of guidelines that the CGC forum members have to follow in order to deal in the marketplace

That's easy.

1. Pay what you owe when you owe it.

2. Send the books when you get the money.

It's not complicated.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah right insane.gif

Sure, we can have guidelines, but this is the CGC forums and so we can't disclose our guidelines to anyone!