• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

Uh, I know it's top census & everything...with Penguin's 3rd Silver Age app...but, uh,

$1,434.00???????? (+ s/h...actually at that price, they should throw that in)

Tim, are you crazy, boy? :o

Heritage is loving you right about now, man!

Rick

:o

OMG!!! What is going on with CGC 9.6 JLA's??

I didn't think I would ever sell any of mine, but..... hm

Wow, we both had the same max for this book ($750).

And yep, you got your #20 at the right time.

I snagged the 9.4 #32, but fell short of the others. Should I feel fortunate that I didn't get caught up in the rush (like it seems some others did); or do I need to start digging deeper?

Or should I just sell now? hm(shrug)

Rick

Good pick up Rick, I was eyeing that one too.

I went 1 for 6. Picked up the JLA #38 in CGC 9.4

Paid a little more than I wanted too, but with these recent JLA prices---

I am very happy with the purchase

Something tells me I'm going to have a really hard time completing my early JLA run.

I have a complete run from about 27 to 61 with some earlier issues before that. (actually quite a few earlier issues)

I do have a #1 also but it's a horribly low grade copy... maybe a 2.0 at most.

All of mine with the exception of the #1 are F/VF or better and I was hoping to pick some up this weekend at Wizard World in Texas.

Last year though, most everything under issue 100 was complete junk. :P

I am glad I picked up my #1 last year though before the prices jump too out of control with a movie possibly in the works.

Guess I should splurg for the Brave and Bold 28 while I can too... at least in a low grade? (shrug)

What do you guys think?

What is going on with CGC 9.6 JLA's??

I didn't think I would ever sell any of mine, but.....

Guess the trickle-down theory is in full force with JLA.

Just did a cursory check of other 9.6s on GPA, and recent sales show significant movement. 'Course, it doesn't differentiate between page PQ (W <<>> CR).

Paid a little more than I wanted too,

You only paid roughly 22% more over 30 mos from the last sale (mine)

vs

My appx 37% increase over 15 mos for my book that's only 6 issue earlier (9 mos).

Then again, they both have 10 copies in 9.4 out of... 56 for mine<>42 for yours.

So I think you did just fine (you're lucky I already have one)

the #25 for me. actually a bit surprised i won that book. 9.2's get no love.

I think 9.2s are a good buy right now. Stopped my bidding at just under $300 since I have an appealing 9.0 for less than half that. Still not a bad price for your Top 25 issue.

Something tells me I'm going to have a really hard time completing my early JLA run.

All of mine with the exception of the #1 are F/VF or better

If you're looking for 9.0 ^, then yes.

If you can wait out the hype-period, you'll be better off.

7.0-8.0---you shouldn't have too much trouble in this range. 'Specially post-69 (year AND issue)

Guess I should splurg for the Brave and Bold 28 while I can too... at least in a low grade? What do you guys think?

I think you should get one as fast as you can; that book ain't going down any time soon. And congrats on your #1; you're one up on me (you basturt)!

Rick

Timing is everything. How long ago did you offer this?

Time all runs together in my fading memory. Couple of years ago?

And didn't it have C-OW pages?

Rick

Nope, was OW or OW/W. I actually own 2 9.4 copies, so can't remember which one I offered you.

the #25 for me. actually a bit surprised i won that book. 9.2's get no love. i was the underbidder on the #38 which is a good thing since i picked one up on clink for about the same price.

Good Pick-up (thumbs u

I still need #25. But there are so many issues that i still need that i limited myself

to the 30's in this auction.

What is going on with CGC 9.6 JLA's??

I didn't think I would ever sell any of mine, but.....

Guess the trickle-down theory is in full force with JLA.

Just did a cursory check of other 9.6s on GPA, and recent sales show significant movement. 'Course, it doesn't differentiate between page PQ (W <<>> CR).

Paid a little more than I wanted too,

You only paid roughly 22% more over 30 mos from the last sale (mine)

vs

My appx 37% increase over 15 mos for my book that's only 6 issue earlier (9 mos).

Then again, they both have 10 copies in 9.4 out of... 56 for mine<>42 for yours.

So I think you did just fine (you're lucky I already have one)

the #25 for me. actually a bit surprised i won that book. 9.2's get no love.

I think 9.2s are a good buy right now. Stopped my bidding at just under $300 since I have an appealing 9.0 for less than half that. Still not a bad price for your Top 25 issue.

All of mine with the exception of the #1 are F/VF or better

If you're looking for 9.0 ^, then yes.

If you can wait out the hype-period, you'll be better off.

7.0-8.0---you shouldn't have too much trouble in this range. 'Specially post-69 (year AND issue)

Guess I should splurg for the Brave and Bold 28 while I can too... at least in a low grade? What do you guys think?

I think you should get one as fast as you can; that book ain't going down any time soon. And congrats on your #1; you're one up on me (you basturt)!

Rick

My take on the JLA's---

9.8's----can't wait to see what these go for----Tim's sitting in a very favorable position

9.6's----they are exploding! Some are going for well over 2x what they would have gone for only 3 months ago.

9.4's----climbing steadily

9.2's----bargain prices for now

Timing is everything. How long ago did you offer this?

Time all runs together in my fading memory. Couple of years ago?

And didn't it have C-OW pages?

Rick

Nope, was OW or OW/W. I actually own 2 9.4 copies, so can't remember which one I offered you.

Is one for sale? hm

It's not going to win any prizes, but I can't complain about a nice, clean copy (about vg+) of Justice League of America 15 for about $8.50.

48014-JLA15.jpg

Jack

$8.50 :cloud9:

The issues without Superman and Batman are my second favorites after the early JLA/JSA crossovers. (Is 24 the last one where Supes and Bats weren't featured?)

Jack

I picked this #2 up at WW Texas for less than half of guide. There's no major pieces missing or anything but it has just about every defect you can imagine... sub crease, tape on spine, writing (or rather "creative" drawing) on cover and inside.

All the pages are there and the writing (drawing) are done in red ink so it's not too distracting.

Otherwise... I'm pleased with this copy, especially at the price I paid.

JLA2.jpg

I also picked up issue #76 which is a real beauty. No disappointment on this one at all! I actually paid more for this one then I did for the #2

JLA76.jpg