• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

I think it has the centering part down :thumbsup:

JLA29.jpg

Great looking book! The front looks at least 9.4. Arex, let us know what grade it

comes back as.

thanks Spook. I think 9.2 is the top of the range for this book, but whatever it comes back as (as long as it isnt a plod) im cool with.

Should be back in a couple of weeks. :wishluck:

Some of the early JLA's (ie: #1-20) have not sold in high-grade in a couple of years.

Any thoughts on fair market prices for books in?:

I was thinking in terms of multiples of OSPG NM-

It really depends on the book. Some of these issues are more common than others in HG so you can`t apply the same multiples across the board. For example I would pay a much lower multiple for a 9.4 #7 than a #6, which would command a huge multiple. And don`t even talk about #3 in 9.4, where the multiples would get crazy.

Some of the early JLA's (ie: #1-20) have not sold in high-grade in a couple of years.

Any thoughts on fair market prices for books in?:

I was thinking in terms of multiples of OSPG NM-

It really depends on the book. Some of these issues are more common than others in HG so you can`t apply the same multiples across the board. For example I would pay a much lower multiple for a 9.4 #7 than a #6, which would command a huge multiple.

Concur.

The JLAs in particular are currently in a state of flux...upward flux. Remember the last Heritage auction? The writers strike may delay things a bit, but people now have, in the back of their heads, the knowledge that a movie will be coming out eventually. Who knows, this strike may be a temporary blessing for those of us going after the big-gun issues. (shrug)

And don`t even talk about #3 in 9.4, where the multiples would get crazy.

Yea, the betting on that would indeed make noise here. If CGC ever grades one at 9.4.

Or #4.

Or #6.

Or #10.

Or #19.

Rick

Yea, the betting on that would indeed make noise here. If CGC ever grades one at 9.4.

Or #4.

Or #6.

Or #10.

Or #19.

Rick

Yup, agree with all of those choices.

Or #4.

Or #6.

Or #10.

Or #19.

Rick

Yup, agree with all of those choices.

I would be out of that bidding war

I'm aiming for CGC 9.0 for the early issues.

Have to save up for #1

You trying to give me some competition, Spook? Cuz you are!

Sweet book...your PQ is even better than mine. But I think my top-to-bottom centering is good enough to call this a wash. Congrats!

Rick

PS: Let me know if my comparisons bother you; it's all done in good fun.

You trying to give me some competition, Spook? Cuz you are!

Sweet book...your PQ is even better than mine. But I think my top-to-bottom centering is good enough to call this a wash. Congrats!

Rick

PS: Let me know if my comparisons bother you; it's all done in good fun.

Thanks Rick (thumbs u

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have a LONG way to go in

regards to finishing this run. I am happy to be where I am in the registry.

After I buy up as many CGC 9.4 copies that I can find, I'll be going down to CGC 9.0-9.2 to finish up the collection---it's too bad money doesn't grow on trees (: