• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

plus its a 52 pager to boot :tonofbricks:

Arex,

you'll have to raise some big bucks on the JLA 29 (thumbs u

tbh with you, im kinda glad it didnt sell. I think i am going to hold on to it for a while. hm

Wait until the JLA movie buzz---I agree with Rick that the prices will go way up....

if just a few new JLA collectors come into the hobby..... hm

Arex,

tbh with you, im kinda glad it didnt sell. I think i am going to hold on to it for a while. hm

Wait until the JLA movie buzz---I agree with Rick that the prices will go way up....

Uh, in that case I need to raise the price of the #32. :devil:

Arex,

Uh, in that case I need to raise the price of the #32. :devil:

lol:baiting:

Here's a quandry I'm in and I'm sure others are or have been here also. Last year, I completed my JLA collection as I bought #2 and that was the last one I needed for the entire run. (Except B&B 28 and 30)

There are still JLA's on my want list that I want in better shape. And when I look at Metropolis or go to a show, I'm still looking for these upgrades instead of solely focusing on other titles on my want list. I'm torn between focusing on titles like X-Men, like I did for JLA the past 7 years, or upgrading the JLA's.

Now, this will probably logically answer myself (but sentiment get's in the way), I have no intention of selling my books. I have around 40 JLA duplicates now that I've upgraded but I still have no intention of trading or selling them. I do have the intention of giving them to my daughter or one of my nephew's if they ever have an interest in the hobby. (A great starter set that I would've loved as a kid. lol )

Anyone else find themselves in this situation? Sometimes I feel like I should move on to another title I like instead of getting another book that I already own.

Here's a quandry I'm in and I'm sure others are or have been here also. Last year, I completed my JLA collection as I bought #2 and that was the last one I needed for the entire run. (Except B&B 28 and 30)

There are still JLA's on my want list that I want in better shape. And when I look at Metropolis or go to a show, I'm still looking for these upgrades instead of solely focusing on other titles on my want list. I'm torn between focusing on titles like X-Men, like I did for JLA the past 7 years, or upgrading the JLA's.

Now, this will probably logically answer myself (but sentiment get's in the way), I have no intention of selling my books. I have around 40 JLA duplicates now that I've upgraded but I still have no intention of trading or selling them. I do have the intention of giving them to my daughter or one of my nephew's if they ever have an interest in the hobby. (A great starter set that I would've loved as a kid. lol )

Anyone else find themselves in this situation? Sometimes I feel like I should move on to another title I like instead of getting another book that I already own.

Shadow,

I always feel like collecting another title after seeing some of the cool books in other threads...but I have so many JLA's that I still need so I make myself stay focused. Since you are pretty much finished and are looking just to upgrade, I agree with Tim that you could do a little of both.

IMHO, I would probably aim for B&B 28 and 30 before going after more JLA upgrades or X-men books...Since the prices on the B&B's will continue to go up

Sometimes I feel like I should move on to another title I like instead of getting another book that I already own.

Do both?

I still do both. I just focused my collecting on the JLA so much the past few years that it's almost habit now. lol

Shadow,

I always feel like collecting another title after seeing some of the cool books in other threads...but I have so many JLA's that I still need so I make myself stay focused. Since you are pretty much finished and are looking just to upgrade, I agree with Tim that you could do a little of both.

IMHO, I would probably aim for B&B 28 and 30 before going after more JLA upgrades or X-men books...Since the prices on the B&B's will continue to go up

I'm probably going to look pretty serious for a B&B #30 at this years Motor City Show. That book reminds me a lot of JLA #2 in that I tend not to find it in my price/grade range. I've wanted a VG to F grade but found them to be over-priced or over-graded. I might look more serious at a Fine grade this May because I'm bringing more money than normal for me.

I'm afraid I passed up on a B&B #28 3.0 two years ago out of fear it was a PLOD. The price was only $300 but the booth was a mess and I felt something was wrong. I think I got overly-paranoid. On the other hand, I did get GL #76 & FF #28 instead. Both in nicer shape. Live and learn. I know I'll get the B&B #28 someday though probably only in Good 2.0. Who knows, maybe I'll hunt it down instead of the #30 this spring.

Shadow,

What numbers are you still looking for?

Shadow,

What numbers are you still looking for?

I only have 27% of 1-100 completed. And only 10% for 1-261.

Please see my JLA registry set. (thumbs u