• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

There's no water damage at all, that's the effect of the plastic sleeve.

Too tough to tell then. Try scanning again without the plastic. I take all of mine out to scan. If that's the sleeve, then I think your copy is pretty nice. (thumbs u

I tried rescanning today and got the same effect. I think it is a combination of my scanner and the ink on the cover that makes it look wavy. Here are some pics I took with my digital camera and the back cover.

2210113108_6759555d80_o.jpg

2210113012_e017a2e18e_o.jpg

2210112588_de11f00b85_o.jpg

2209319235_5f42048342_o.jpg

..and the back cover :sorry:

2209274845_9f0814dc5b_o.jpg

I've jumped off the SA JLA ship. :sorry:

If any of you guys are interested I've been posting them in the sales forum. Fun while it lasted but this gold fever I have may take awhile to cure! (thumbs u

Sorry to hear that you've jumped ship Buffyfan.

I'm sure you'll be back to JLA before the year is through :insane::baiting::acclaim:

Wouldn't stop me. Do you have a link to that auction? Nice 61 BTW. (thumbs u

Thanks John

How do you put a link on this thread? I have been meaning to learn how and would appreciate if anyone could fill me in.

If you go to the Heritagecomics.com website and look under "Coming Soon", then click the "2008 February Vintage Comics and Comic Art Auction".... (thumbs u

You can copy and paste the link. (shrug)

John,

I tried a few things and I've got it now. (thumbs u

Didn't know you could just copy the entire link and just copy it to this post.

I have no computer skills and need to take a class taught by Flee-Marquette... :blush:

Here's one of the nice early JLA's...wish it didn't have writing on the cover :(

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?SaleNo=827&LotIdNo=34028&txtSearch=justice+league&hdnSearch=true

Here's one of the nice early JLA's...wish it didn't have writing on the cover :(

I`ve noticed that several of the early SA DCs in the "Fantastic Frank" collection have heavy grease pencil writing on the covers. I guess he picked up those books from the same collection.

Rick, that kind of writing on the cover bothers the hell out of you, right?

hm

Well Tim, date marks alone don't deter me, but....

On the #12, it doesn't help when you add the URC bend & the top staple biting & what looks like a bit of foxing between Flash/MM & the overall color/texture uneven-ness(?) of the cover. To me this is a weak 9.4, so you & spook go ahead and fight over this one. I'd like to upgrade, but I'll wait for the next one. No hurry.

The others.....?

Rick

hm

Well Tim, date marks alone don't deter me, but....

On the #12, it doesn't help when you add the URC bend & the top staple biting & what looks like a bit of foxing between Flash/MM & the overall color/texture uneven-ness(?) of the cover. To me this is a weak 9.4, so you & spook go ahead and fight over this one. I'd like to upgrade, but I'll wait for the next one. No hurry.

The others.....?

Rick

That URC bend is distracting and I also don't like the writing on the cover...Tim, this one's all yours...I won't be bidding for this one....alot of others that perk my interest though :whistle:...hope to pick up a couple books :wishluck:

I`ve noticed that several of the early SA DCs in the "Fantastic Frank" collection have heavy grease pencil writing on the covers. I guess he picked up those books from the same collection.

Rick, that kind of writing on the cover bothers the hell out of you, right?

the atom #2 in the CLINK auction has something similar- i remember first seeing that book when Ed Jaster owned it. there were several Fantastic Frank Actions in a Sunday auction that had the grease pencil as well. Personally, i won't bid on them- they're uglier than sin.