• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

hm

Well Tim, date marks alone don't deter me, but....

On the #12, it doesn't help when you add the URC bend & the top staple biting & what looks like a bit of foxing between Flash/MM & the overall color/texture uneven-ness(?) of the cover. To me this is a weak 9.4, so you & spook go ahead and fight over this one. I'd like to upgrade, but I'll wait for the next one. No hurry.

The others.....?

Rick

The grease pencil writing doesn't bother me in the least, as long as it's in an unobtrusive area, which it is on this cover. However, the URC bend is a concern and will definitely hurt the book's price. If I were Frank, I'd be asking CGC to reslab it for free after first straightening the corner.

hm

On the #12, it doesn't help when you add the URC bend & the top staple biting & what looks like a bit of foxing between Flash/MM & the overall color/texture uneven-ness(?) of the cover. To me this is a weak 9.4, so you & spook go ahead and fight over this one. I'd like to upgrade, but I'll wait for the next one. No hurry.

The others.....?

Rick

The grease pencil writing doesn't bother me in the least, as long as it's in an unobtrusive area, which it is on this cover. However, the URC bend is a concern and will definitely hurt the book's price. If I were Frank, I'd be asking CGC to reslab it for free after first straightening the corner.

lol

I tried rescanning today and got the same effect. I think it is a combination of my scanner and the ink on the cover that makes it look wavy. Here are some pics I took with my digital camera and the back cover.

2210113108_6759555d80_o.jpg

2210113012_e017a2e18e_o.jpg

2210112588_de11f00b85_o.jpg

2209319235_5f42048342_o.jpg

..and the back cover :sorry:

2209274845_9f0814dc5b_o.jpg

My JLA 3 has the exact same waviness in the black ink. I'd say your copy is a 5.0, by the way.

hm

The others.....?

Rick

lol

Not sure Tim was joking. I would do the same thing, as that URC bend is clearly slab-related.

I wonder what will happen with the bidding for these high-grade JLA's with the movie now on hold and the coming economic global recession?

I just can't believe how much back issues in 8.0-9.6 are going for. :o

Why Bob?

You think they're not popular enough to justify the $$, or you don't think the current demand vs supply jibes? Tim has already mentioned how this title is under-valued compared to Flash-GL-etc. Seems like it's catch-up time, regardless of the movie's "status."

By the way, Happy 1st Day Big Boy!!

Rick

Why Bob?

You think they're not popular enough to justify the $$, or you don't think the current demand vs supply jibes? Tim has already mentioned how this title is under-valued compared to Flash-GL-etc. Seems like it's catch-up time, regardless of the movie's "status."

By the way, Happy 1st Day Big Boy!!

Rick

I definitely think they are popular enough, it just makes it so hard to complete the run. :tonofbricks::sorry: I'm still hoping to come across one of those OO colections for pennies on the dollar. lol

And Thanks Rick ol boy.

Edited by Big Daddy

hm

The others.....?

Rick

lol

Not sure Tim was joking. I would do the same thing, as that URC bend is clearly slab-related.

hm

I wonder what will happen with the bidding for these high-grade JLA's with the movie now on hold and the coming economic global recession?

I just can't believe how much back issues in 8.0-9.6 are going for. :o

Those JLA's in CGC 9.2 sold at some pretty aggressive prices in the recent Heritage Sunday Auction....I was surprised.

I did pick up a few 9.0's for my set :cloud9:

Lots of good JLA material coming up for auction.....wish I had some more money to spend....hope to pick up at least 2 books....unfortunately I don't think I'll win any

9.6's

Some strong prices already for the mid and later JLAs. It`s so weird to me how JLAs in the 60s and later seem to command much higher multiples than the early issues, which are much harder to find in grade.

How many times is that 9.6 copy of #41 going to be shopped around? It`s a beautiful copy that I`d be all over except for the ugly ink stain at the top edge of the FC.

Lots of good JLA material coming up for auction.....wish I had some more money to spend....hope to pick up at least 2 books....unfortunately I don't think I'll win any

9.6's

Some strong prices already for the mid and later JLAs. It`s so weird to me how JLAs in the 60s and later seem to command much higher multiples than the early issues, which are much harder to find in grade.

How many times is that 9.6 copy of #41 going to be shopped around? It`s a beautiful copy that I`d be all over except for the ugly ink stain at the top edge of the FC.

Tim,

I can't stand those stains either...there has been a B&B #28 CGC 8.0 that has also been shopped around everywhere (most recently on e-bay) that has an ugly stain otherwise I would have been interested...

As for the later JLA's, i think because they are pretty cheap (in regards to OSPG 9.2 pricing) and also not the easiest to find in ultra-HG (CGC 9.6+) is probably the reason for the higher multiples.

The lower price points (ie: $500 or less) have a lot of competition, but the pricey books (ie: $1000 or more) have fewer buyers....

Thank YOU, Johnny. I always like knowing that my books are ending up in good hands.

I have to say that I have had the best experience buying from board members...this can't be said about other places I've bought from (ie: e-bay and other big-time sites)