• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

Detroit Mike, that is a fine looking B&B #29! Mine's nowhere near that nice but I got it for a good price 10 years ago at Comix Oasis in Allen Park.

Thanks Shadow. I've been looking for a 6.0 or better. It seems to be the hardest of the 3 issue run to find above a VG.

For now, let's just say it wasn't the #16 ($1300+); I thought you might be the winner of this one, Tim, until I realized the C-OW pq. Glad Scott finally sold it...unless he sold it earlier & the new owner just now flipped it...??

Rick

It was still mine. I can thank the NPB from a couple of years ago. Their loss, my gain. :grin:

Score!! (thumbs u

Still keeping tabs here, huh? You lil :devil:

Rick

I already have a JLA 37 in CGC 9.4, but that 9.6 went for much lower than I thought. If I didn't have one already, I would have bid much more than $650

Thanx for saving me money! :banana:

Rick

Rick,

That was a great buy at that price (thumbs u

For now, let's just say it wasn't the #16 ($1300+); I thought you might be the winner of this one, Tim, until I realized the C-OW pq. Glad Scott finally sold it...unless he sold it earlier & the new owner just now flipped it...??

Rick

It was still mine. I can thank the NPB from a couple of years ago. Their loss, my gain. :grin:

Congrats Scott! (thumbs u

I already have a JLA 37 in CGC 9.4, but that 9.6 went for much lower than I thought. If I didn't have one already, I would have bid much more than $650

Thanx for saving me money! :banana:

Rick

Huh, figured you went for the #15.

Considered #15, but:

It was only one grade up above mine.

The top edge is too dingy & yellowish-brown.

The spine is not as straight as mine.

The bottome edge looks suspicious.

RADB6D4F2007821_93619.jpg

Overall, the lack of eye-appeal severely overrides my "need" to upgrade.

The PQ was appealing...but not $800+ worth of appeal.

Money better spent elsewhere.

Rick

Edited by JLA_all_the_way

who's the lucky son of a gun that grabbed this for way the below the average in the comiclink auction? are his initials DM? :banana: i finally completed the 3 issue brave and the bold run!

29 is so hard to find in shape and gloss . this one is really nice looking .

:applause:

Considered #15, but:

It was only one grade up above mine.

The top edge is too dingy & yellowish-brown.

The spine is not as straight as mine.

The bottome edge looks suspicious.

Overall, the lack of eye-appeal severely overrides my "need" to upgrade.

The PQ was appealing...but not $800+ worth of appeal.

Money better spent elsewhere.

Rick

There`s a nicer 9.4 copy coming up on Heritage, unless grease pencil writing on the cover bothers you.

908850-002cc.jpg

newly encased

Sweet copy, Mike! Without question the most nicely centered copy I have ever seen. Looks nicer than any of the 9.4 copies I've seen on sale, and doesn't have the annoying miswrap that most of them seem to have. What's knocking it down to a 9.2?

Edited by tth2

908850-002cc.jpg

newly encased

Sweet copy, Mike! Without question the most nicely centered copy I have ever seen. Looks nicer than any of the 9.4 copies I've seen on sale, and doesn't have the annoying miswrap that most of them seem to have. What's knocking it down to a 9.2?

i pizz on 9.4's. i told them i wanted the world's only 9.2. i think the scan makes the book look even better then it is- i'm going to have to have it in hand to point out the minor things that may have knocked it down. i thought it was a 9.2.