• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

i pizz on 9.4's. i told them i wanted the world's only 9.2.

lol Of course, technically yours is the 2nd 9.2. I had the first 9.2, which became a 9.4 after Josh bought it on Heritage.

:o

ALL my 9.2s in that auction became 9.4s after Josh won them! :pullhair:

There was at least one JLA in the Heritage auction that I was really targeting, but I'm sad to say I will not have anything to share in this thread. :(

Anyone else win anything?

0 for 16- underbidder on two stinking books. i can't hang w/ whoever- flash #136!! dear lord.

Edited by frankiecastle

There was at least one JLA in the Heritage auction that I was really targeting, but I'm sad to say I will not have anything to share in this thread. :(

Out of 11 JLAs that I went after, 5 are coming my way...but only 1 of those fill a spot in my collection; the rest are upgrades. Paid more than expected overall, but the profit I make on my under-copies should off-set that.

Now, can someone explain the gap between #12 ($1673) & #15 ($776)? The latter has far better eye appeal, while the former is only 3 issues/5 months earlier. Census numbers are close enough 51-to-64, but the HGs are 3 vs 3(+ a.6)...?

Does Dr Light command that much more respect? Or did I just luck out with my up-grade? :whistle:

And how did #16, a 9.2, get a 9.4 price...$836 (C-Link)? I bid $100 more than I wanted to...and got wasted, so who's the lucky duck who got it (I know it's a board member)?

Based on the realized prices in general, it's getting harder not to cash in myself. Now that the movie is back on track... hm(shrug)

Rick

Detroit Mike, that is a fine looking B&B #29! Mine's nowhere near that nice but I got it for a good price 10 years ago at Comix Oasis in Allen Park.

Detroit Mike, that is a great looking 6.5....I saw that and almost bid on it (haven't seen a copy as nice as that one for some time)...Great buy (thumbs u

i pizz on 9.4's. i told them i wanted the world's only 9.2.

lol Of course, technically yours is the 2nd 9.2. I had the first 9.2, which became a 9.4 after Josh bought it on Heritage.

:o

ALL my 9.2s in that auction became 9.4s after Josh won them! :pullhair:

:o:(

I came out with nothing....and I bid very aggressively on JLA #44 with White pages...I thought I would win that one for sure... :(

Out of 11 JLAs that I went after, 5 are coming my way...but only 1 of those fill a spot in my collection; the rest are upgrades. Paid more than expected overall, but the profit I make on my under-copies should off-set that.

Now, can someone explain the gap between #12 ($1673) & #15 ($776)? The latter has far better eye appeal, while the former is only 3 issues/5 months earlier. Census numbers are close enough 51-to-64, but the HGs are 3 vs 3(+ a.6)...?

Does Dr Light command that much more respect? Or did I just luck out with my up-grade? :whistle:

And how did #16, a 9.2, get a 9.4 price...$836 (C-Link)? I bid $100 more than I wanted to...and got wasted, so who's the lucky duck who got it (I know it's a board member)?

Based on the realized prices in general, it's getting harder not to cash in myself. Now that the movie is back on track... hm(shrug)

Rick

Rick,

I think one of the reasons that the 15 went for significantly less money is because there was one that was just auctioned earlier this month on comiclink, so that buyer is out of the equation....also the 12 hasn't been for sale since I've been collecting again (2+ years).

From my vantage point, it seems that the prices on the early JLA's are very variable...sometimes you can get a 9.0 or 9.2 for cheap, and other times you have to pay aggressively... (shrug)

This new competition is restricting my collecting goals! :frustrated:

(well, I guess half the competition was from Rick! (tsk):baiting:)

Rick

I'm probably going to sell the bronze/copper age issues to raise some more funds...I'll probably keep most of my 1-100 set and sell only the ones I'm not totally happy with

Out of 11 JLAs that I went after, 5 are coming my way...

Good lord! It`s YOU that`s distorting this market!

Good question. Part of it may be perceived scarcity, as I`ve seen HG #15s come up for sale quite a bit, whereas I almost never see #12s. Plus, I`m not there competing for the 9.4 #15s, whereas I most definitely was for the #12.

Based on the realized prices in general, it's getting harder not to cash in myself.

:wishluck: