• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

Out of 11 JLAs that I went after, 5 are coming my way...

Good lord! It`s YOU that`s distorting this market!

Uh yeah...like I can afford to do that! There are definitely new sheriffs in town.

Now, can someone explain the gap between #12 ($1673) & #15 ($776)? The latter has far better eye appeal, while the former is only 3 issues/5 months earlier. Census numbers are close enough 51-to-64, but the HGs are 3 vs 3(+ a.6)...?

Does Dr Light command that much more respect? Or did I just luck out with my up-grade? :whistle:

Good question. Part of it may be perceived scarcity, as I`ve seen HG #15s come up for sale quite a bit, whereas I almost never see #12s. Plus, I`m not there competing for the 9.4 #15s, whereas I most definitely was for the #12.

I think one of the reasons that the 15 went for significantly less money is because there was one that was just auctioned earlier this month on comiclink, so that buyer is out of the equation.

I was hoping the earlier copy would help me get this one cheaper, especially since this is the superior copy of the two (see my comparison breakdown on page 36). :applause:

Rick

I was hoping the earlier copy would help me get this one cheaper, especially since this is the superior copy of the two (see my comparison breakdown on page 36). :applause:

The Heritage copy was definitely the superior copy.

Spookley,

That's a great batch of JLA's you have there! Even though it's not as HG as the rest, the #23 does have almost better visual appeal.

Thanks Shadow!

The 23 has nice bright colors, would love to find 9.0's that look like that

Got this awhile ago on Ebay and finally got it scanned. Always wondered how the league was formed...

JLA9.jpg

Beautiful! My favorite cover of the original JLoA run. Creepy like something from classical mythology, no Superman or Batman dominating the team. Even the story's fun.

Jack

Beautiful! My favorite cover of the original JLoA run. Creepy like something from classical mythology, no Superman or Batman dominating the team. Even the story's fun.

Jack

My favorite is #3 (it's got that classical mythology thing going too), but the whole early series is packed with classic covers.

Jack

My favorite is #3 (it's got that classical mythology thing going too), but the whole early series is packed with classic covers.

Absolutely!

BB 28, JLoA 1, 3, 7, 9, 21, 29, 30...

Too bad people like to dump on Sekowsky, although I think the quality of the covers owes more than a little to Anderson's inks -- especially the JSA crossover covers.

Jack

My number 9 though I can't say it's a favorite cover.

jla9.jpg[/img]

I prefer #21, #29 and #3. #16 is pretty cool. (I just realized I don't have it uploaded to Photobucket yet.

Jack

Absolutely!

Too bad people like to dump on Sekowsky, although I think the quality of the covers owes more than a little to Anderson's inks -- especially the JSA crossover covers.

Jack

I'm one of those who dump on Sekowsky, although he does grow on you a bit because he is the definitive JLA artist. I just can't help thinking what this series would have been like if Anderson had drawn the early issues...But I love the series despite its imperfections, and the covers are fantastic.

Jack

Absolutely!

Jack

I'm one of those who dump on Sekowsky, although he does grow on you a bit because he is the definitive JLA artist. I just can't help thinking what this series would have been like if Anderson had drawn the early issues...But I love the series despite its imperfections, and the covers are fantastic.

Anderson covers would have been even better (but sometimes I think Sekowsky just told him "ink a JSA member right there" on the crossover covers).

Jack

Jack

Absolutely!

Jack

Anderson covers would have been even better (but sometimes I think Sekowsky just told him "ink a JSA member right there" on the crossover covers).

Jack

Anderson did quite a few of the early covers by himself, I'm pretty sure.