• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

Looks like someone is cashing in on their JLA's ....Comic Link April Auction

lol Yeah, "someone" named Robert Roter.

I look forward to seeing how overinflated his reserves will be.

Too bad about the PQ & "Moderate tanning edges interior of front and back cover,"otherwise I'd be all over that...in spite of the Pedigree status.

And what's up with that 'About the Justice League:' blurb??? Did they just recently start allowing extraneous exposition?

Rick

Good lord, finding slabbed SA with the "tan" PQ designation is rare enough that I might actually try to buy it! lol

This book is an extreme example of the problems commonly associated with the Mohawk books.

Sorry, Highest Grade or not, that's not a good looking JLA #6. I don't get how that makes a 9.0 with such severe tanning. Maybe it's the scan?

Actually, the book looks pretty nice except for the big tan stripe running down the right side. lol, And what looks like rusty staples, although it's hard to tell (thanks for the big scans, Comiclink meh).

Perhaps it would have received a higher grade but for the tanning? (shrug)

Sorry, Highest Grade or not, that's not a good looking JLA #6. I don't get how that makes a 9.0 with such severe tanning. Maybe it's the scan?

Well, it looks flawless except for the tanning...but yeah, that bugs me too, not just because of the tanning, but because it's in the form of a "shadow".

It's hard to believe that a 9.2 has never shown up for this issue.

Looks like someone is cashing in on their JLA's ....Comic Link April Auction

lol Yeah, "someone" named Robert Roter.

I look forward to seeing how overinflated his reserves will be.

I am guessing at least by four figures on each of those

OK, I think 10 days is long enough.

Time to bump it up...

RAD72B8520071025_141213.jpg

Oddly enough, the whiteness in the ULC...isn't there! it's some kind of phantom blemish that's only in the scan. My good deal just got better. :cloud9:

The scan of my JLA #29 on CL has the same thing; wear showing on the URC...that isn't actually there?? Anyone else come across this phenomenon? I'd try to fix it, but I'm terrible with photoshop ( hm sounds like something Danny-boy would say...to cover his tracks).

Should have more time to post, now that the poker tournament is over.

Rick

Rick, I guess that's just the reflection of the scanner's light?

BTW, did anyone win any JLA's on this week's C-Link Focused auction? That 42 didn't go as high as I expected, but the 73 finished pretty healthy at $408

John,

If it is reflection, it's definitely odd to pinpoint to a specific spot like that.

As for the #42, I would have nabbed it if I didn't already have Tim's 9.4. If the PQ were just a step higher, I would have at least taken a stab at it.

And I'm glad the #73's price was robust; makes me feel better about over-paying for mine 4 years ago. Time heals...most wounds.

I got the only book I really wanted, #114 9.4, for less than my max. Thank You.

Rick

i would have bid on the #42 if i hadn't just picked up a 9.4 i paid nearly the same amount for- oops. i was close on the #73 but not the #76. is it just me or do the books you bid on always seem to get more action than the ones you don't? i'd say silver DC were generally softish but not the books I was going after.