• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

2004,,,?

Scott (Acesilver) connection. I believe this is the only book I got from you...?

Is your memory slipping, or do I need to reduce my dosage?

Rick

Don`t think I`ve ever sold a book to you, Rick. Either you would never come up high enough or I would never come low enough, depending on your point of view.

i would have bid on the #42 if i hadn't just picked up a 9.4 i paid nearly the same amount for- oops. i was close on the #73 but not the #76. is it just me or do the books you bid on always seem to get more action than the ones you don't? i'd say silver DC were generally softish but not the books I was going after.

I lost out on the #76 (underbidder once again)...I don't think I have won a C-link auction for several months now...as for the #42, I didn't bid (because my cut-off is off-white pages) but it sold for a lot less than I thought it would...the previous one in 9.6 sold for just under $1000....and yes...it seems the ones I bid for are getting very aggressive bidding :frustrated:

2004,,,?

Scott (Acesilver) connection. I believe this is the only book I got from you...?

Rick

Don`t think I`ve ever sold a book to you, Rick. Either you would never come up high enough or I would never come low enough, depending on your point of view.

lol

2004,,,?

Rick

Funny guy. meh

I'll hafta email Scott; musta got it from him (but I woulda sworn it was you (shrug) ).

Don't worry Tim, one of these days our collections will be joined. And on that day, the sky will open and we shall all be engulfed in Nirvana!

Rick

2004,,,?

Rick

Funny guy. meh

Don`t forget I offered the 9.2 #7 (white pages) to you for a mere 2X Guide at the time. See, just like Fishler, I`m really nothing but a wholesaler.

A 9.2 for 2X guide, you say? hm

Why? when I can go for...this!

Definitely one of the nicest copies of #7 that I've seen! :applause:

But if you had this all along, why were you trying to lowball me interested in my 9.2 copy?

A 9.2 for 2X guide, you say? hm

Why? when I can go for...this!

Definitely one of the nicest copies of #7 that I've seen! :applause:

But if you had this all along, why were you trying to lowball me interested in my 9.2 copy?

"Had this all along?" Re-read "I can go for...this!" (that means I don't have it, yet. :gossip: )

And attempting to acquire a book for less than 2X is lowballing??? News to me. (shrug)

Guess I gotta stop taking advise from G-Man... :devil:

Rick

"Had this all along?" Re-read "I can go for...this!" (that means I don't have it, yet. :gossip: )

Maybe I`m all confused. I thought you had the 7 and 8 raw from back in the day and when you slabbed them they came back 9.4 and 9.6. But maybe it was just the 8 that you had.

paging tim- is this the copy that used to be a 9.2?

The e-mail I got from Heritage states that this is from an original owner collection...David Toth.....there is a new CGC 9.4 on the census so this

must be it...

Also on auction in May....

JLA #4 CGC 9.2

JLA #5 CGC 9.2

JLA #8 CGC 9.4

JLA #21 CGC 9.0

JLA #22 CGC 9.2

:o

The e-mail I got from Heritage states that this is from an original owner collection...David Toth.....there is a new CGC 9.4 on the census so this

must be it...

JLA #4 CGC 9.2

JLA #5 CGC 9.2

JLA #8 CGC 9.4

JLA #21 CGC 9.0

JLA #22 CGC 9.2

thanks

must be it...

JLA #4 CGC 9.2

JLA #5 CGC 9.2

JLA #8 CGC 9.4

JLA #21 CGC 9.0

JLA #22 CGC 9.2

thanks

You getting ready to be the underbidder again? :baiting:

must be it...

JLA #4 CGC 9.2

JLA #5 CGC 9.2

JLA #8 CGC 9.4

JLA #21 CGC 9.0

JLA #22 CGC 9.2

thanks

You getting ready to be the underbidder again? :baiting:

someone's gotta do it.