• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

paging tim- is this the copy that used to be a 9.2?

Nope, this is a different copy. Nice little crease on the FC bottom right corner, and looks the bottom of the spine took some impact or something. I wish CGC had been this nice to me when they graded my copy.

Still, a nice copy, as are many of the SA DCs in this auction. How come all the good books have come out after I've "retired" from SA DC collecting? (shrug)

paging tim- is this the copy that used to be a 9.2?

Nope, this is a different copy. Nice little crease on the FC bottom right corner, and looks the bottom of the spine took some impact or something. I wish CGC had been this nice to me when they graded my copy.

Still, a nice copy, as are many of the SA DCs in this auction. How come all the good books have come out after I've "retired" from SA DC collecting? (shrug)

i was thinking the same- looks like it could've gone 9.2 given the two obvious problems. rest of the book looks immaculate tho.

This is the second High-Grade original owner JLA collection to come to market from Heritage....(ie: Fantastic Frank before this one)

How many of these collections do you think are out there? hm

As the baby-boomers are retiring...what is going to be released to the public...

I think there are probably 20 or more copies of JLA #1 in near-mint still out there

somewhere :insane: ...so fair market value for this one is probably only $10K :whistle:

:devil:

Any predictions on what this will sell for?

Ewwwwwwww!! :sick: Yuck!! What were Borock & Co smoking when they gave this book a gift grade like that?

Blech!! I can barely look at the darn thing. It's making me ill. :sick: :sick:

I'd be embarassed to be seen with that monstrosity, let alone own it!

They probably meant to give it a 4.9, but someone there is dyslexic?

It's disgusting...just horrible...uh, it makes me wanna puke...yeah, that's it....

Anybody buying any of this?

Anyone? :wishluck:

Rick

Ewwwwwwww!! :sick: Yuck!! What were Borock & Co smoking when they gave this book a gift grade like that?

Blech!! I can barely look at the darn thing. It's making me ill. :sick: :sick:

I'd be embarassed to be seen with that monstrosity, let alone own it!

They probably meant to give it a 4.9, but someone there is dyslexic?

It's disgusting...just horrible...uh, it makes me wanna puke...yeah, that's it....

Anybody buying any of this?

Anyone? :wishluck:

Rick

I looked at the book again, and I have to agree with Rick...all the visible damages on the front cover----at best it is a 8.5

Why anyone would pay more than $6000 for that is beyond me...

It is also such an over-rated book...4th appearance of the JLA...how much is Amazing Spiderman #3...

yes, it's a piece of garbage... :/

Give me a break, it`s not like any of the inhabitants of this thread is going to win the book anyways, so it`s not like my criticism of the book is going to help me win it at a cut-rate price.

Give me a break, it`s not like any of the inhabitants of this thread is going to win the book anyways, so it`s not like my criticism of the book is going to help me win it at a cut-rate price.

:gossip: Tim, we are trying to win it at a cut-rate price :whistle:

three 9.4s! who woulda thought!?

I wonder how the Top 20 OSPG SA books would rank in terms of least available in 9.4+...?

Any of them have fewer than 3?

Rick

flash 105 = 1 in 9.4

b&b 28 =1 in 9.4

GL 1 =1 in 9.4

Showcase 4 = 1 in 9.4 & 1 in 9.6

:gossip: Tim, we are trying to win it at a cut-rate price :whistle:

The guys who are buying up the big DCs right now don't care about the actual book, they only see the big number on the label. We could devote a thread to the existence of a 3" tear on a 9.4 key and I don't think it would impact the price one iota.

graders note's don't mention crease on bottom RFC but do mention one on BC

They didn't notice the big white line cutting diagonally across the black corner? doh!

SCS. Btw, who are these buyers? vestbo? damn brits- they'll own this country by the tricentennial