• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,057 posts in this topic

JLA 1 1960 CGC 9.6

JLA 2 1961 CGC 9.6

JLA 3 1961 CGC 9.4

I didn't ask about PQ but would expect OW/W based on everything else in the collection.

Amazing! (worship) I had just about given up hope that a true 9.4 copy of JLA 3 existed, when even the Toth copy ended up being Qualified.

Even more amazing is that this will be the SECOND 9.6 copy of #2. Now there`s a mindboggling statistic. :o

okay, so the question now becomes louder: Does the emergence of these super high grade slabbed SA DC keys that many would have rightly begun to believe did not even exist suggest that there are even more out there? And if so how many? We've all answered the question before, so we know where we stand, but as Shakespeare/Hamlet said: THAT is the question

Yup.

Went by the LCS today and the books are in a safety deposit box. I got pictures of the scans they made of them and will post them when I get home. They've already gotten offers of $50k for #1 and $20k each for 2 and 3. I'm guessing they'll walk out the door at $100k combined.

If you are hankering to spend that kind of cash, email me and I'll give you their contact info. It's the same folks that have the UHG TTA and TOS.

Went by the LCS today and the books are in a safety deposit box. I got pictures of the scans they made of them and will post them when I get home. They've already gotten offers of $50k for #1 and $20k each for 2 and 3. I'm guessing they'll walk out the door at $100k combined.

If you are hankering to spend that kind of cash, email me and I'll give you their contact info. It's the same folks that have the UHG TTA and TOS.

Within the last few weeks, my idea of what is really out there has taken a huge

paradigm shift. First, the impressive Toth collection and now this :o

Makes you wonder what will be released in the next 5-10 years...

20K for JLA #3 in 9.4 :o

Can't wait to see the pics, Cheetah :applause:

Well, it took 8 years to expose these buggers to the light, so...

I'm positive the market can easily absorb this amount of UHG books in this time frame.

The real question is whether these sales will open the flood gates (if there be flood gates to open at all...?).

Don't keep us waiting too long, cheetah. :)

Rick

Well, it took 8 years to expose these buggers to the light, so...

I'm positive the market can easily absorb this amount of UHG books in this time frame.

The real question is whether these sales will open the flood gates (if there be flood gates to open at all...?).

Don't keep us waiting too long, cheetah. :)

Rick

Maybe I'll be able to find more affordable 8.5-9.2 copies... (shrug) Most of the current bids on the C-Link Focused Auction are already out of my range, at least the ones I wanted to bid on.. :sorry:

Sorry they aren't more than photos of a color copy but Paul didn't seem to want 'em sitting around the store. Can't imagine why.

PICT0001-1.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0004-1.jpg

those are incredible. for those of us that missed the first mention of this collection, could you catch us up. thanks cheetah

It's a collection almost exclusively from 1959 and 1960 from Covington, Kentucky. As I understand it, a guy collected a bunch of books from a grocery store that closed down then stored them in the closed store and his basement until he died 10 years ago. The collection includes some of the best available Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense, Space War, Strange Worlds, Konga and Gorgo you could ever ask for. It also includes a world class collection of Mad magazines.

I got to look at the first portion of the collection right after it came in and bought a lot of stuff I'd never even seen before. Of the 50 or so books I got, I'm guessing 60 percent will all grade as the highest graded.

The JLA books for sold by the man before he died and I think they are the best condition books in the series. A lot of my stuff has dust shadows that must have come about after the man died because the JLAs don't have any of that.

I think all the good stuff is now in either mine or Paul Mullins' (of Comic Book World) hands. There might have been a half dozen or so that were sold elsewhere in Cincinnati but I'm not sure this is true.

I say in all seriousness that it you know anyone who collects Mad, they need to call Paul because some of the colors on the covers are as deep and rich as if they were just printed.

O-kaayy...

Clink just ended the JLAs, and all I can say is *wow*

Congrats to whomever was willing to pay MORE than $4,000 for #14.

Ditto for the MORE than $2,000 paid for #34.

And of course, the $6,800+ for the new #4 KOTH !!

My picks for:

Bargain of the bunch---Toss-up between #8 9.2 $762 / #16 9.2P $395 / #32 9.4 $481

Whoopsie! of the lot--- #17 9.4 $1,900 A very weak-looking NM especially at that price.

My JLA portfolio got a healthy lil boost from these new record prices. Thanx!! :applause:

Rick