• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

Thought I'd post this in the JLA thread...

It's my first BB JLA. I love this Anderson inked cover!

BB29.jpg

:news:

Post-Auction Sales from Pedigree Comics:

Justice League #1 CGC 9.6 $75,000

Justice League #2 CGC 9.6 $15,000

Justice League #3 CGC 9.4 $15,000

Pedigree post-auction sales

The reserves were $75K, $20K, $20K. Unfortunately, Doug received the post-auction offer as a package deal. I just might have managed to persuade myself to pay $15K for the #3, alone, but not the rest of that deal.

Of course, in a world where a 9.6 B&B 60 goes for over $8K, perhaps none of these prices seem all that crazy.

nope... were you? But of the three, If I had to pick one, I could make the strongest case for picking up the freakish 9.4 black cover rare-as-hen's-teeth #3 at that price over the 1 and the 2. But who knows, the 1 may have been the way to go like your 28, which, if I owned, would have me sitting back smiling right now.

I didn't know Doug had sold them until now. $105K and I was the next-to-the-last person to hold them before they got sent to CGC and entombed forever. :cloud9:

FWIW, I undergraded each of them, except the #3, by 0.2 just because I couldn't believe a book that old could get a grade that high without manipulation. I got the #3 right, though.

FWIW, I undergraded each of them, except the #3, by 0.2 just because I couldn't believe a book that old could get a grade that high without manipulation. I got the #3 right, though.

From my review of the scans, I'm inclined to agree with your grades. The #1 still doesn't look like a 9.6 to me, whereas the #3 did look spot on as a 9.4.