• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,058 posts in this topic

ULC wear is noticeable; CBC above top staple (not to mention how much the staple itself is biting into the book); rounded LRC; BigDaddy's comment re the mark...

It's a sweet looking book all things considered, but I'd be surprised if it topped 9.0 myself. And that's not counting the back cover or the PQ!

But anyone with CGC experience -or even a passing knowledge of the comments from these boards- will tell you that stranger things have happened.

Rick

Well here are a few pics of some issues I just picked up for my 1-100 reader copy collection. Nothing to compare with a certain someones collection (Rick (thumbs u) but maybe in the future I'll be able to sit at the big kids table.

Yo Bob!

Reader copies are the best peace-of-mind-wise. LMK what you need; I may be able to help.

Only advice I would give is know what you want grade-wise NOW. If you're even remotely considering upgrading, save up. Buy the highest grade you feel comfortable with and stick to it. My wishy washy ways- "Hmm, 9.0 is good enough...I can afford a 9.2 of this issue...might as well pony up for that 9.4...if I'm gonna pay this kind of money I might as well get the best 9.6/9.8..." have made my collecting more frustrating than it should have been. Learn from my mistake. It's cheaper.

Rick

Well here are a few pics of some issues I just picked up for my 1-100 reader copy collection. Nothing to compare with a certain someones collection (Rick (thumbs u) but maybe in the future I'll be able to sit at the big kids table.

Yo Bob!

Reader copies are the best peace-of-mind-wise. LMK what you need; I may be able to help.

Only advice I would give is know what you want grade-wise NOW. If you're even remotely considering upgrading, save up. Buy the highest grade you feel comfortable with and stick to it. My wishy washy ways- "Hmm, 9.0 is good enough...I can afford a 9.2 of this issue...might as well pony up for that 9.4...if I'm gonna pay this kind of money I might as well get the best 9.6/9.8..." have made my collecting more frustrating than it should have been. Learn from my mistake. It's cheaper.

Rick

Thanks Rick I will. (thumbs u

That's why on my reader set I'm only going for F-VG to keep the cost down. As far as my slab JLA & GL sets go I'm now drawing the line at 9.0 except on key issues. I made the mistake over the past couple of years just buying a bunch of stuff I really don't collect, but I was able to trade a bunch of it to Shark here on the boards for a bunch of early JLA's for my reader set and some the issues I needed to complete my Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD SA set. From now on I'll be a lot pickier, unless I see a sweet yellow SA cover. lol

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Djustice%2Bleague%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F771606&id=771606

This may be the highest graded JLA #1 that I would be "allowed" to buy...

Hopefully it has good QP....

Watch for some JLA's to come up for sale in the near future... ;)

Make me an offer...the only book that would be off the table from my CGC registry set would be #83 in CGC 9.6 (highest graded) and very hard to replace...

Here's the JLA #1...photo now available...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Djustice%2Bleague%2Bof%2Bamerica%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F771606&id=771606

What do you think?

Looks like a pretty good 9.0 copy....

Not sure what to make of the upper staple though... hm

It sux. I'm not bidding on it*.

Rick

* "It" is the title of another comic in this auction and has no connection whatsoever to JLA #1.

Rick,

I thought you only collected High-Grade JLA's....don't bid on this piece of garbage...CGC 9.0 is pretty much mid-grade.... :baiting:

(at least Paperheart only collects 9.2 and above, and Tim only collects 9.8 :grin: )

Thanks John. That's a pretty nice 24 you've got there. I <3 those white pages!!! (thumbs u

Here is a scan that I just found of one of my favorite silver age DC books. It's not a JLA book, but I didn't know where else to put it. He is a member of the gang, so I'm hoping this won't make too many people mad. This is a tough book to find in HG.

Hawkman9.jpg

Nice copy RAHIGH!! I just received this yesterday which I plan on submitting to CGC sometime soon:

3085869036_713c200e12_o.jpg

:applause:

Good Luck on the submission John

Thanks, I betting I get a 7.5-8.0 though. I don't see how it received an 8.5. Should I crack it out ot the case or leave it so CGC knows it's a Diamond Run book?