• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League of America Collecting Thread
2 2

2,059 posts in this topic

Are we just at the tip of the iceberg, waiting for an explosion in JLA prices?

I've seen what's been going on with the Avengers..... hm

Can't wait to see what Tim's books are gonna fetch in the Heritage Auction....

I helped push the #19 up. Knew I wouldn't get it cuz i don't pay a premium for peds.

The #61 was a pleasant surprise! Gotta update my $preadsheet on that one (wonder if a 9.6 #62 -also a black cover with similar sub #s- would sell in the same ballpark).

I attribute the disparity between Avengers vs JLA to the likelihood of the Marvel movie against the iffiness towards a DC flick.

There's also a rumor floating around that there are a few more Marvel fans than DC? Pshaw!!

Tim's books are gonna fetch whatever I offer for them. hm

Rick

I helped push the #19 up. Knew I wouldn't get it cuz i don't pay a premium for peds.

What did you bid, Rick? I maxed out at $1234. I really wanted the book, even though it`s only a 9.2. Can`t believe that I ended up being only 2/3 of the way to the winning bid, and who knows what the winning bidder`s max bid was.

Guess my daughter`s going to be going to a state university!

What did you bid, Rick? I maxed out at $1234. I really wanted the book, even though it`s only a 9.2. Can`t believe that I ended up being only 2/3 of the way to the winning bid, and who knows what the winning bidder`s max bid was.

lol

Since we are comparing Avengers to JLA....

What the hell happened with this one....Avengers #16 CGC 9.0 for $2600 :o

:screwy:

There's gotta be tons of these in VF/NM... :tonofbricks:

Probably could find one at a convention, slab it, and make $2000+ profit hm

then I could bid more aggressively for Tim's books... :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Davengers%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F761845&id=761845

Since we are comparing Avengers to JLA....

What the hell happened with this one....Avengers #16 CGC 9.0 for $2600 :o

:screwy:

There's gotta be tons of these in VF/NM... :tonofbricks:

Probably could find one at a convention, slab it, and make $2000+ profit hm

then I could bid more aggressively for Tim's books... :acclaim:

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Davengers%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F761845&id=761845

You are right! According to the census, there are 21 copies in 9.0, 11 in 9.2, 7 in 9.4 and 3 in 9.6!! :o

Can you imagine what prices for early SA DCs would be if the demand was the same as for Marvels?? hm

I knew that PC 19 would go for crazy money since it's so hard to find in HG. I'm quite happy with my 9.0 which I only paid around $300. I did fill 2 holes in my JLA collection though:

RAD9339F2008124_154628.jpg

RAD945662008125_93926.jpg

Great pick-ups, John (thumbs u

The #61 was a pleasant surprise! Gotta update my $preadsheet on that one (wonder if a 9.6 #62 -also a black cover with similar sub #s- would sell in the same ballpark).

I attribute the disparity between Avengers vs JLA to the likelihood of the Marvel movie against the iffiness towards a DC flick.

There's also a rumor floating around that there are a few more Marvel fans than DC? Pshaw!!

Rick

Rick, the JLA #62 is extremely difficult to find in high-grade...the last time I had checked the census there was only 1 copy in CGC 9.6 and 2 copies in CGC 9.4...

I have a 9.4 and I think you have the other one...(if memory serves me right)...

the 62 is scarcer than the 61 in high-grade...so I'd expect it to be worth more... 2c

I think he`s saying they look a little too clean and sharp and also appear to be slightly smaller than the dimensions of the pages. But perhaps he should have PM`d you with such a comment.

lol

I always loved the scene in Risky Business when Tom Cruise says "Looks like the University of Illinois!" lol

Edited by tth2

Hmmm, guess I only pushed the book out of the atmosphere; I can't take credit for the stratosphere!

As for your books Tim, I'm sad to report that I found out just last night that my BofA heloc account was reduced from $53,000 to $2,500... :( . Found out the hard way: tried to use the card for dinner last night with the wife...and was declined! No, that wasn't too embarrassing!! :mad:

Rick

The 9.8 JLA #101 just went for 12X Guide. It was one of the better centered copies that I've seen, but still...

My elitism may be showing, but no way I'm shelling out over 5 Bills for a post-1970 post-#100 book with a cut off DC logo & right edge thumb mark. Congrats to the winner; I'll use my $500 elsewhere.

Rick

Just saw that another 9.8 copy is in this week`s Heritage auction, with a Cert # that is one digit higher than the previous copy, indicating they were submitted together. Heritage has been selling off 9.8 copy after 9.8 copy of some BA DCs, most notably Actions, so I assume there was some discovery of a big batch of warehouse copies or something.

I sure hope for the sake of the guy who paid $500 for the 9.8 JLA #101 that it wasn`t the first of 20 more 9.8 copies.

Amazingly, this second 9.8 copy ALSO sold for $500 ($507.88 to be exact). :o