• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about this?

36 posts in this topic

Just curious what people feel about ending an auction early to sell the book outside of Ebay? I know I've had nice offers to end auctions early and sell the book, and I did it on a couple of occassions. Is this as bad an offense as ending the auction 10 minutes early to avoid taking a loss?

I never do it just because I want to give everyone a fair chance. Who knows, some shilling rookie like Ricky may want to snipe it! tongue.gif

..........i think it really depends on how long before the auction ends, as ricky said days is ok (even 24 hours) but anything less is unfair to the potential bidders and may stop those bidders coming back to any more of your auctions.......IMHO

Exactly!

For example, if I posted something up on ebay with 6 days to go and a board member makes me a reasonable offer, i'd probably end the auction and sell it. That's a big difference from ending an auction with 10 seconds left to save my butt on the potential auction end price.

Yep, I'm just preventing him from participating in the comic crash of 2002. It's for his own good! laugh.gif

Now that I think about it, a thread devoted to the comic crash might not be a bad idea... wink.gif