• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Thrilling 33 Breaks the Bank on ebay!

16 posts in this topic

Missing from the Gerber guide, but obviously a few collectors saw this was the Church copy. Sold for $2425.00 tonight!! Incredible I tell Ya!

MH Thrilling 33!

How do you know its the church copy?

Distributor code matches the rest of the run pictured in the Gerber guide....that and the fact that NM copies of this book don't grow on trees!

The seller's description states the GA comic has been in his personal collection since the late 60s, but Chuck did not trip over the Church collection til about 1977. Do u think the c distributor's code on the top of the cover meant Mile High? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Missing from the Gerber guide, but obviously a few collectors saw this was the Church copy. Sold for $2425.00 tonight!! Incredible I tell Ya!

MH Thrilling 33!

How do you know its the church copy?

The pencil arrival date at the top. The fact that the book is the only Thrilling Comics missing in the Gerber guide and the ones all around it are the MH copies. So it's obvious this book was sold off and was "lost" for all these years. The sellers notes say he has had it since the late 1960s is an error, the late 1970s is more like it. I have found a bunch of hidden Mile Highs over the years on ebay. They are out there, just requires a lot of looking and luck!

Thousands of Mile Highs were sold without much fanfare over the years, they get bought and sold and people forget they are from that collection or they just don't care. They bought it for the cover, the condition, etc... pedigrees are not something most people look for, most collectors just buy what they like.

This will happen again, they are out there.

I wonder if the new owner will get it slabbed. Maybe I should sell mine while it's still the highest graded copy! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think your copy is nicer. Out of curiosity what were the notes on yours?

I wonder if the new owner will get it slabbed. Maybe I should sell mine while it's still the highest graded copy! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think your copy is nicer. Out of curiosity what were the notes on yours?

Tanning to interior covers and a tiny chip out of back cover. It'll be interesting to see what the Church copy grades out at. It's not the nicest Mile High I've ever seen.

thrilling33bc.jpg