• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How not to sell Silver Age on e-bay.

10 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif I hope Donut doesn't see this....this is one of his top items to aquire... 893frustrated.gif

I know I know. See what happens when you actually take time to play with your kids. Grrr. Stupid kids. Damn family, always getting in the way. grin.gif

$88 on this, if it is truly a VF, is a stunningly good price. Watch this book EXPLODE when slabbage comes to mags.

This is, by the way, a very good example of how very low print runs can keep a price high - there was a flood in the distribution point for this book and maybe 85% of them got ruined. There were NONE at Chicago or Philadelphia, and several of my sources for books (who can find ANYTHING) haven't had one in years.

There's always been a quiet demand for this book, and watch what happens now. The train hasn't left the station on Eerie 17, but the conductor is shouting "all aboard" down the platform.

forgive me if this question sounds dumb, but what's the big deal with this book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is, by the way, a very good example of how very low print runs can keep a price high - there was a flood in the distribution point for this book and maybe 85% of them got ruined. There were NONE at Chicago or Philadelphia, and several of my sources for books (who can find ANYTHING) haven't had one in years.

Also has Crandall and Ditko artwork. It is legitimately VERY hard to find. Speculation city!

forgive me if this question sounds dumb, but what's the big deal with this book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Supa, I recently won an Eerie 17 graded at VF- and paid over $200.00 for it. Also,a VG copy which kinda looked more like a VG- in the scan recently sold for about $76.00. (Can't remember the exact price). Also, only 6 or 7 of these show up on an annual basis on e-bay. Just not many out there and when a guy wants to complete his Eerie run, it's usually the 17 he needs.

Maybe this will be the next Hulk 181. grin.gif

Overstreet really needs to catch up on this one. mad.gif