• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The conception of Superman, an interesting theory...probably bunk

46 posts in this topic

I spent a little time digging around the basement today and thought I would share some photos and such that I found interesting.

Thanks for sharing the photos, Mike. :applause:

I'm looking forward to anything else you can find.

The earliest photo I could find showing our logo. That has to be the worst name tag design ever conjured up. :sick:

1925.jpg

But considering the logo, the date, and the fact that it's square on his chest there, it's actually pretty awesome.

Very interesting, although it doesn't seem they want to reference the symbol as their inspiration.

"Co-creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Shuster recalls: "From the beginning we wanted to somehow use the first letter of the character's name. We thought S was perfect. After we came up with it, we kiddingly said, 'Well, it's the first letter of Siegel and Shuster.'"

Shuster cites his inspiration for the frame surrounding the "S": "Initially I made it like a shield, a fancy little triangle with curves at the top. I had a heraldic crest in the back of my mind."

http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2006/s06070029.htm

The shape of the stee mill shield also reminds me a lot of caps early shield (heraldic crest).

"THIS IMAGE OR VIDEO HAS BEEN MOVED OR DELETED"

Everything should be fixed now. (thumbs u

Thanks for posting!

Shuster cites his inspiration for the frame surrounding the "S": "Initially I made it like a shield, a fancy little triangle with curves at the top. I had a heraldic crest in the back of my mind."

It reminds me of the Warner Brothers logo.

warnerbroslogo.jpg