• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Art Dealers in San Francisco?

4 posts in this topic

hi.gif Heroes comic book store in the South Bay has some binders of nice art. If there are any comics you want to see that are on our website, let me know and we can get together. Discounts for forum members.

Don't forget to visit the cartoon art museum in downtown SF.

Marc

Henchman,

I second HouseofComics.Com post. Heroes has their store in Campbell, CA, south of San Jose. I would recommend that you go their website or that you contact Alan Bahr. Alan has lots of art that is not on his website, so I would recommend contacting him prior to your trip if you have specific wants in mind. I have known Alan going back to 1998 when I purchased several pages of Starlin original art from him at San Diego. He is one of the better dealers out there. cool.gif

On a more sour note, the Donnellys used to have their highly disorganized store near San Mateo, but I have heard that they have since moved farther inland towards Sacramento. Bargaining with Steve can takes weeks or even months. I would recommend contacting Rich if you want something from his collection.

EBay user Mtrambler is also in the area. He is on this board as well under his real name and lives in the Palo Alto/Cupertino area if I remember. He has a large collection, but he is not a dealer. I will let him respond to you, either publicly or privately. I am highly envious of him as he works for Apple Computer and is now probably rather wealthy. Anybody seen Apple's stock price lately? headbang.gif

Ciao!

PRC

yes, that is me. I have delt with Alan many times in the past, always a plaesure doing business. I have picked up some nice art from him and alot of the art isn't on the site. Another place I would recommend is the Comic Collector Shop on El Camino in Mountain View. I have bought pages from them as well but mostly at cons. Here is their site.

http://www.comiccollectorshop.com/comics_age.php?age=original

If you would like get together and see my collection. Drop me an email.