• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And Some Of You Thought Ultimate Spidey Books Were Worthless

32 posts in this topic

I disagree entirely; comic book collecting being what it is today, with collectors being careful to maintain the condition of their books, there will always be plenty of these books available in better than 9.4 grade. The hype is what drives the price up during the first few years. Eventually, the prices on books of this ilk will come down quite a bit and settle at a much lower level, maybe even as low as half what they are today. No, the only way the buyer of this bunch will ever make any money on his investment is if he flips these books during at time of heightened awareness, say with a movie release impending, in the next couple of years. In 20 years, he'll be lucky to get two thirds what he pays for the books today.

I disagree entirely; comic book collecting being what it is today, with collectors being careful to maintain the condition of their books, there will always be plenty of these books available in better than 9.4 grade. The hype is what drives the price up during the first few years. Eventually, the prices on books of this ilk will come down quite a bit and settle at a much lower level, maybe even as low as half what they are today. No, the only way the buyer of this bunch will ever make any money on his investment is if he flips these books during at time of heightened awareness, say with a movie release impending, in the next couple of years. In 20 years, he'll be lucky to get two thirds what he pays for the books today.

He'll be lucky to get cover price in 20 years.... smirk.gif

"This auction Is not for everyone .. Only the BIG DOGS " tongue.gif

" I don't have to sell this stuff , It sells Itself !" tongue.giftongue.gif

LMFAO! I literally choked on my coffee when I read this. I know this PickyBuyer guy from some other auctions, and he's one of the biggest over-bidders in the game.

And didn't he mention in a previous auction that he's in financial difficulties and needed to sell off his run of CGC 7.0 Byrne X-Men (that he paid 3X Guide for as Raw NM 27_laughing.gif) to make ends meet?

I don't understand how Marvel can take one of my favourite characters; change everything about him; slap ULTIMATE in front of his name; and still expect me to take them seriously...... confused.gif

you'll change your tune when they write in Ultimate Beyonder with his own Ultimate Secret Wars series...

I don't understand how Marvel can take one of my favourite characters; change everything about him; slap ULTIMATE in front of his name; and still expect me to take them seriously...... confused.gif

They don't expect you to take it seriously, but the word ULTIMATE has a powerful effect on the weak-minded.

you'll change your tune when they write in Ultimate Beyonder with his own Ultimate Secret Wars series...

Keep talking Darth.....I'm starting to come around. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ooooh, will he use Ultimate Jeri-Curl?

I personally think Marvel should really cut costs and just reprint the original material with some minor alterations. It's the same thing anyway, and you wouldn't have to pay those writers and artists.

Ooooh, will he use Ultimate Jeri-Curl?

I personally think Marvel should really cut costs and just reprint the original material with some minor alterations. It's the same thing anyway, and you wouldn't have to pay those writers and artists.

Marvel should have revamped Marvel Tales, and just reprinted ASM 1-441....

I'm baffled as to why this hasn't happened. You can't tell me that the first 50 GIJoe issues can be reprinted in tpb format, but it'd be a waste of time to do the same with ASM 1-50 (and beyond).

And why aren't Spidey digests worthwhile to do, with a cover price similar to Archies? Surely, in this time of Spidey movie hype, they'd sell at Wal-Mart checkouts etc.....

And, right up your alley, 5 ten issue tpb's of X-Men 94 to 143.....

It's a small leap from the G.I. Joe project to decide that other runs could be reprinted, especially when Dark Horse is doing it right under their noses with the Star Wars and Conan properties that Marvel originally produced.

Sure it's big money, but looking that these are some of the hottest modern comics around + CGC high grades + one of the best series around, the final value will double within a couple of years...can anyone say Spider-man 2??!!!!!!

Sure it's big money, but looking that these are some of the hottest modern comics around + CGC high grades + one of the best series around, the final value will double within a couple of years...can anyone say Spider-man 2??!!!!!!

There will be so many USMs available on eBay once the movie comes out that the price on these will probably fall; not increase. Everyone willing to sell will have their's up. It'll be all downhill from there.....

Jim