• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If they banned me what would you talk about?

178 posts in this topic

What's the point of this thread other than people taking shots at each other?

Im being accused of being Terence Leder/Ryan Elliott.These are the names associated with many pgx graded scams.

I'm aware of that, but it seems to have degraded to a bunch of mud slinging at this point.

How many different ways can someone say "You are" and someone else say "I'm not"?

Oh well, have fun.

All I wanted to do was let people know about a scammer and talk about comics.

Im being accused of being Terence Leder/Ryan Elliott.These are the names associated with many pgx graded scams.

How come you always seem to leave Dennis Hooker out of this trio in your denials, Dennis?

You know for a guy who grew up in the hood, you're pretty smart.

;)

I'm aware of that, but it seems to have degraded to a bunch of mud slinging at this point.

How many different ways can someone say "You are" and someone else say "I'm not"?

Oh well, have fun.

I am not sure "degraded" is the proper word. "Degraded" would seem to indicate that this thread had started at some higher level than its current discourse.

Since I am not a tech guy could you break that down for me?Not trying to start any arguement what I posted was what I was told.

while your IP address is based somewhat on where your Internet Server Provider is physically located, the likelihood of two IPs being the same is infinitesimally small. Unlike zip codes.

An IP address is part of what uniquely identifies a computer accessing the Internet.

You can change your IP address by turning off your modem.

If your "tech guy" laughed at the ability to identify the computer you're using to log on to the Internet with, then he either doesn't know what he's talking about, or he's one of those people with enough knowledge to protect his own "identity," and thus doesn't worry about things like IP matches for the purpose of identifying two or more users of a forum.

I don't trust you or your motives as far as I can throw my own computer, but I'm not going to insult you for trying to make your points. I just wonder what those points specifically are, since you speak in obfuscation and "hints," which explains the animosity you are getting. People like people who speak plain, especially if the person in question claims to have information that might potentially be useful.

Taking the long way around to make a point or stake a position is only going to bring doubt and scorn. If you want to be heard, that's great, but don't expect anyone to buy what you're selling without a complete explanation of why they should.

YMMV

Oh well, have fun.

I am not sure "degraded" is the proper word. "Degraded" would seem to indicate that this thread had started at some higher level than its current discourse.

Bro are you the one having triplets?

Since I am not a tech guy could you break that down for me?Not trying to start any arguement what I posted was what I was told.

while your IP address is based somewhat on where your Internet Server Provider is physically located, the likelihood of two IPs being the same is infinitesimally small. Unlike zip codes.

An IP address is part of what uniquely identifies a computer accessing the Internet.

If your "tech guy" laughed at the ability to identify the computer you're using to log on to the Internet with, then he either doesn't know what he's talking about, or he's one of those people with enough knowledge to protect his own "identity," and thus doesn't worry about things like IP matches for the purpose of identifying two or more users of a forum.

I don't trust you or your motives as far as I can throw my own computer, but I'm not going to insult you for trying to make your points. I just wonder what those points specifically are, since you speak in obfuscation and "hints," which explains the animosity you are getting. People like people who speak plain, especially if the person in question claims to have information that might potentially be useful.

Taking the long way around to make a point or stake a position is only going to bring doubt and scorn. If you want to be heard, that's great, but don't expect anyone to buy what you're selling without a complete explanation of why they should.

YMMV

Sal,

I am working on a article,or list really.This will be all the shill accounts for Ryan Elliott.Putting together the names and dates they were created.This guy is a crook and a liar.Please bear with me.It is coming soon.I have put in a lot of work on it so hopefully it will be helpful.

YMMV

Sal,

I am working on a article,or list really.This will be all the shill accounts for Ryan Elliott.Putting together the names and dates they were created.This guy is a crook and a liar.Please bear with me.It is coming soon.I have put in a lot of work on it so hopefully it will be helpful.

Want me to edit it for grammar mistakes before you post it? Not meant as a shot, but I don't think anyone will really understand it.

Not only is it infinitesimally small, it is impossible. If, for example, I knew your IP address and hard coded it into my computer I would not be able to connect to the Internet at all because the routers at my ISP would not recognized the IP as part of their routing table and would not pass my information. If we were at the same ISP going through the same router and I hard coded your IP the router would recognize that two different MAC/hardware addresses were using the same IP and would ignore the new one and not pass its traffic.

Almost all of the time this wouldn't work. When a router leases a DHCP address the lease lasts for a set period of time (usually 7 days though the admin can set the lease times to anything they want though and at ISPs they may set them higher to prevent un-needed network traffic.) If you turn off your router and then turn it right back on the DHCP request would reach the DHCP server, the server would recongnize the MAC address of the router and give you the IP address you already have leased. Now if you turned off your router and left it down until the lease ran out and then turned it back on it is possible that you might get a different IP but odds are that you would have the same one. My last ISP I had the same DHCP assigned address for 7 years (I ran a web server off that IP address and never had to change my DNS entries until they did a network upgrade and changed the IP ranges in their DHCP servers.)

So let me get this straight.Every single computer has its own ip address?Be it broadband or dsl?Is that what your saying?

Every single PC or router with a direct connection to the Internet has to have a unique IP address. If you have a router connected to the Internet and 10 PCs in your house only the router has to have a unique (to the Internet) address; the PCs can have "fake" IP addresses since they do not directly connect to the Internet (the router does all of the direct communication with the Internet and passes that information to the PCs.)

You can look on Wikipedia for:

TCPIP (transmission control protocol/internet protocol)

DHCP (dynamic host configuration protocol)

NAT (network address translation)

and get the basic idea of how it all works.

And before you ask, yes they are running out of IP addresses since everyone and everything is now on the Internet. Currently the IP structure (IPv4) allows for ~4.2 billion IP addresses; there is a new IP standard (IPv6) that has been approved and is slowly being implemented that will allow for hundreds of trillions of addresses.

Whew - a post harder to understand than one of mine!

Kidding!!!

Thank you, Heresy! (This actually explains something I've been trying to figure out re: a famous poster here & many elsewheres.)

(Ummm - I have this flashing light on my printer that won't go off, & I was wondering if you had any thoughts &...)

:)

[font:Comic Sans MS]WTF are you talking about? I never deleted a thing.

Perhaps the mods deleted it because I was referencing your "Canada Slam"... and I believe that original post of yours was deleted in short order.[/font]

OMFG...

the Canadians on this board are some of the most influential, informative and entertaining contributers... easily equaling the US membership in quality posting.

USA Jr. my azz. Canadian comic collectors are strong in force and passion.

If you have not already made yourself a nuisance and unwelcome... you may have just brought a world of *fork* and *knife* upon yourself. Plus, not all of us from the US really want you on our team. I'll take the worst Canadian poster who at least puts forth his >real< identity over you and all your BS.

Why delete your posts BB?