• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #5

What grade would you assign this?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you assign this?

6 posts in this topic

Well, as many of you saw, I had a nice haul recently at my LCS. Here was my other catch of the day: ASM #5 for only $15! Yeah, she's in a little more sore shape than my Avenger's #4, but the cover is still attached (though BARELY) and brittle on both sides, insides are actually in decent shape and still relatively supple (though brittle on some the edges), etc.

It's late, so I'm going to pass on the in-depth description tonight. You can pretty much get the gist, however, through the pics. Scanner was being a beast, so hopefully they come out okay on your end. Might be ambitious and post it tomorrow, or at least field questions if anyone has need of them to render a more exact grade (which I'll be happy to answer).

Anyhow, for $15 I figure this was a little too good to pass on even in this condition. Thoughts?

ASM5-Frontcopy.jpg

ASm5-Back.jpg

It's all there?

And you can read it?

No massive water damage or pieces falling out?

sumo.gif

I might call it a Fair- old school due the the spine being shot to hell.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All there, storyline fully intact, and the only real water/ moisture damage is on the back cover. A little on the front, but not too bad.

I'm dope- I hit the 1.5 when I meant to hit the 1.0 which is how I graded this. Since the only missing pieces are those relatively small ones (for this grade) along the spine, storyline and art are 100% complete, and all of the pages and covers are attached, I couldn't see giving this a 0.5. To hit that grade, a page would need to be missing, cover missing, large chunk of a page gone, etc. On the otherhand, if either the pages were completely supple (no signs of brittleness) OR the spine was in a little better shape, I could go for a 1.5-1.8. As is, I personally think this is a 1.0

But, that's why I like posting stuff up here-- to see if I have a clue as to what I'm doing with these picture books! Now if I could learn to be a little more careful when pushing buttons! wink.gif

Well, the numbers seem to indicate an average between 1.0 and 0.5.

Those of you who are placing this at a 0.5, what's keeping it from a 1.0? Just curious what the final straw was for you?