• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinion Please! The value of a CGC 9.4 NM Fantastic Four #12

25 posts in this topic

I can't seem to find this book in NM. What is the right price? What is the last one that has sold? How long ago?

not being funny, but a cgc 9.4 of that book would be a serious multpile of guide. it is hard to even come up with a #.

I can't seem to find this book in NM. What is the right price? What is the last one that has sold? How long ago?

not being funny, but a cgc 9.4 of that book would be a serious multpile of guide. it is hard to even come up with a #.

Very true. You would have to be able to juggle bundles of $100s to afford that book. There are only two 9.4s in the census and at least one of those is locked up tight.

Yes, considering there are only two CGC 9.4 copies and none graded higher, the sky is the limit on this one. It would only take two deep pocketed buyers to bid the price sky high at auction. I'd say $15 - $20K is a good guess, but it could go for much more than that if someone wants it badly enough.

I can't seem to find this book in NM. What is the right price?

$17,863.48

But seriously folks.......

It's going to depend upon the page quality, the registration and if it's a pretty 9.4. If it's perfectly cut, has White Pages and almost a 9.6, you're easily looking at $22,000.

If it has cream to off-white pages, is slightly miscut and is a borderline 9.4, then you're looking at $10K max.

If it's somewhere in between those two then it will of course be $17,863.48.

I'd settle for a nice near Fine of FF 12 thank you. grin.gif

I used to have a VF (possibly better) copy that rode in my backpack to school when I was in junior high. Even then, I was a bit anal about condition so it was bagged, boarded, sandwiched between two layers of cardboard, then two pieces of plywood.

If I remember right, I bought it for $15 or $20 (this was the late 70's... anybody got an Overstreet from that time period to tell me what it was worth then?) and probably sold it for less a few years later during the (not-so-)great cleansing.

Damn hormones! Damn college expenses!

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I'd be bidding on this one but it looks trimmed. frown.gif

1) No over wrap so the right side should not look "cut-off". Sometimes this issue is over wraped and the right edge (Comics code stamp and 12 cent price) is "cut into."

2) You can't see and pages along the right side.

On the other early FFs he has up you can clearly see the pages extending past the cover some on the right side like you should.

FF 12

Ok - here's your chance. The 9.4 I knew about just appeared over at Metro for $22,000 so all you big talkers get to it!

Hee hee...

I'll hold out for a nice 3.0-4.0 for about 1% of that! smirk.gif

tOP 10 reasons I am not paying $22,000 for that FF 12 9.4 ; (10) As soon as i bought it , another one would pop up on ebay and sell for $10,000 (9) Out of space at the house for storing those cgc cases (8) Am actually waiting for a 9.6 (7) Don't want to get deke and comicinvestor going about what a waste of money that would be (6) Could buy a Hulk 1 8.5, FF 2 9.2 and Spidey Ann 1 9.4 and still have money leftover compared to this book (5) My wife really would kill me (4) Would have to buy my wife one of those convertible lexus to appease her (3) Don't want to hog all the good books myself (2) At such a bargain price, I would feel bad stealing the book from metropolis for only $22k and (#1) I have paid fairly high prices for some books but 10x guide for a 9.4 would mean that I am mentally unstable and have lost all sense of reality.