• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vault screw up...

64 posts in this topic

Is there a way to cancel a bid on the vault auctions???

I entered bids... and since the bid is using pounds as the default system my max bid is way to large...

I was bidding with dollars in mind... 893frustrated.gif

Don't feel bad.. I did the same thing first time I joined/bid. Even though it registered that there was a conversion, my brain still thought US funds when bidding. I noticed well in advance of auctions end however. After a few emails and the help of some forum members that knew John Pires (who was doing it himself at that point), I did receive a call and cooperation. He revised my bid down to an amount I was willing to pay.

Even though there is more staff there now and they have been responding much quicker... Its a little late in the game so I would recommensd a quick call

or email both philip and Susan and give them 30 minutes before you call:

Customer Services:

philip@vaultauctions.com

susan@vaultauctions.com

Tel: +44(0)20-8771 8278

Yikes...so it's not as simple as ebay when cancelling a bid... 893frustrated.gif

Thanks for the helpp BB ..but since it is this late I will just let 'em ride...if I win the books I will still be pleased...a little poorer...but pleased.... insane.gif

I was gonna delete this post but since I won the items thought I would turn this into a fun little game...

Tell me how much you think I paid for the items that I won...

Well...I won this book. Would have gotten it for less if Rip_Van_Sleep didn't bid it up at the end! 893frustrated.gif

L224.JPG

There were a bunch of fanzines that I was interested in but Jim Halperin, friggin' Heritage owner also wanted them and bid them up too high! crazy.gif

Nice book Gregster!
Yep...but I really shouldn't be spending any $$ at this time. Probably my last decent buy for the year UNLESS I can dump more of my recent CGC batch! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice book Gregster!
Yep...but I really shouldn't be spending any $$ at this time. Probably my last decent buy for the year UNLESS I can dump more of my recent CGC batch! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well I did send in my contribution. grin.gif

PM me over what you have left, and at rock-bottom pricing!!

PM me over what you have left, and at rock-bottom pricing!!

Whoah buddy....dumping Marvels is a figurative term. Not to be taken literally....YET! 893naughty-thumb.gif