• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No scan, no CGC, no bid?

11 posts in this topic

Would you bid or buy a comic that had no scan and no CGC, such as this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=726675963&rd=1

"Up for bid is The Amazing Spiderman #1. The book is in VG+ condition 100% complete, off white pages, tight spine, flat with no creases. Only negitives is a 1" tear on upper right hand corner of cover and a couple of minor water spots on cover. Excellent shape and affordible comic book for the reserve price. Bought 30 yrs. ago and bagged and put away until now."

Also, funny if "bought...bagged and put away until now," why is there a tear and water spots?

Perhaps the greater fool is willing to take a chance on an ASM 1 at what they perceive is a "bargain". The seller can use the funds to buy last yr's model HP Scanjet 4400c for about $65 US (like I just did). Best for scanning raw or cgc bks.

I dunno... we've got posters all over North America here... maybe we should get together and place a bid. Then when he gives his address for the money order, we send the closest poster over to pick up the book in person... tongue.gif

Personally I'm hoping the closest poster is Meth... blush.gif

Wolfing40, I don't know why, but your avatar really freaks me out for

some reason!

As for the book...No Scan, No CGC, NO DICE! I've been burned enough

times on overgraded merchandise when there was a scan available. No

way would I take a chance on something that didn't even have a picture.

Gene