• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: SILVER AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 13

Choose next comic to depart list  

489 members have voted

1. 1. Choose next comic to depart list

103 posts in this topic

Showcase #22 and the 1st SA Green Lantern has left the list. Not as close a vote as I expected. So, we're onto Round 13. We'll take it til Thursday night around 8:30 pm. Vote the next book off.

I've got to stick with TOS #39 & Iron Man as the next to go. He's not as iconic as anyone left on the list. I give Thor the edge because his villians were better than Iron Man's. And, while the JLA maybe full of characters who weren't "first appearances" in B&B #28, it's book of major significance. It relaunched the Super-Team concept, has spun off countless cartoons over decades, and for the Marvel Zombies, it pretty much helped inspire Marvel to burst from it's cocoon. I can't see B&B #28 not making it farther than a number of Marvel's left.

Went with TOS this time. While i do enjoy Iron Man, compared to the rest of the books, ToS39 just comes up short. After IM gets booted, then it is time to send the Hulk on his merry way.

At least Im was able to go from the SA onward without having a book he was in cancelled.

I wonder if JIM & TOS will split the Marvel vote? I'm baffled by the B&B #28 votes.

I too am baffled at the Thor votes and the BB.

Thor is a no-brainer for me to last a while longer and go after IM, X-Men, and Hulk.

Better stories, better villians, and imho, better art keep Goldielocks around for at least 3 more rounds.

Thor had some very very good arcs and one of the SA's most memorable in Thor 155-157.

Name me a good Hulk arc popcorn.gif howsa bout a good IM arc? X-men?

I picked Hulk last round but after considering his iconic status have had a change of heart, and sadly had to vote for the ouster of the Golden Avenger

Have a drink on me Tony hi.gif

I can understand that. But to me, the Hulk is a one-dimensional character who gets pizzed and turns into a walking id. Rinse repeat change his skin color rinse repeat. Dream up some lame hass strong villian who is about as smart as my Pekingese, rinse and repeat.

I picked Hulk last round but after considering his iconic status have had a change of heart, and sadly had to vote for the ouster of the Golden Avenger

Have a drink on me Tony hi.gif

I can understand that. But to me, the Hulk is a one-dimensional character who gets pizzed and turns into a walking id. Rinse repeat change his skin color rinse repeat. Dream up some lame hass strong villian who is about as smart as my Pekingese, rinse and repeat.

I absolutely agree, I've never been a fan of the green guy, but as far as significance goes, the Hulk is a pop culture icon and poor ole IM is barely known outside of comic circles sorry.gif

I think Karma's right about the Hulk.

And I agree with him from a broader pop-culture standing. However, that doesnt really enter into my mindset for this contest so I think he is lower dow the list than Thor.

Plus, Thor can beat Hulk's arse shy.gif