• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Updated Site

490 posts in this topic

Well it looks a bit better than when I logged earlier. Don't like the fixed size quote feature that forces you to scroll. I am happy that at least for awhile there will be no seriously greamlin clutter posts.

My Stuff is completely non-functional for me with my version of Firefox. I don't mind larger font but not this large.

The speed is vastly improved which almost completely makes up for the above.

What I am unable to get used to is the index page because it is much harder to read the title of the thread. Obviously tweaking the fonts is in order .... as well as some colour schemes.

Other than these to be fixed complaints I can live with it.

This revamp SUCKS... It is HORRIBLE.

THe ad in the middle of the page has to go.

I will certainly not give business to anyone who advertises in the middle of the page on this site.

The color scheme SUCKS! It is hard to see. Font is small and colors are bland.

PMs are hard to read....

I dont like tha fact that I cannot bring up all pages in one thread at a time!

ARRRRGH...

back to CPG full time (although I will still peruse the forum sale boards)

Well I'm running IE 6 on this PC and I can get to it and update it.

What's your screen size?

As I stated in the OP, that's the reason - 1920x1200

Jeez, that'd be like cruising the Net on a drive-in movie screen.

EDIT: I just figured out why - I'm running at 1920x1200 on a 24" LCD, so due to the extra real estate, the bug never affects me.

I shrunk my screen down and see what you're talkng about.

This is what I see

profile.jpg

EDIT: I just figured out why - I'm running at 1920x1200 on a 24" LCD, so due to the extra real estate, the bug never affects me.

This is what I see

profile.jpg

Yeah that's what I'm getting.

I agree with the others the old look was a feeling of home. This place has no comfort anymore. :shrug:

I haven't been following the forum for a bit - does anyone know why this was done? The old forums rocked, and was possibly the most seamless piece of online software I've seen.

Using it was like slicing butter with a hot knife.

My guess is that the server itself was getting old (how long have the forums been around) and most IT department will do a rolling hardware/software upgrade at the same time.

Just my guess, but like any new systems there are kinks to be worked out and patches to be applied.

I agree with the others the old look was a feeling of home. This place has no comfort anymore. :shrug:

I haven't been following the forum for a bit - does anyone know why this was done? The old forums rocked, and was possibly the most seamless piece of online software I've seen.

Using it was like slicing butter with a hot knife.

Not sure why it was done, but now I can go spend more time working on a project I been thinking about.

Note to Silvers (aka Butters) Heres your chance to make a forum and get plenty of people to join up. Just make it like the one that was just thrown away. :clap:

And most likely I could aswell. hm, think I should dare try :devil:

This is what I see

profile.jpg

Yeah that's what I'm getting.

I had the same problem. Upgrade to IE 7 and it goes away. Or if you want to hover over it with the mouse and when it changes to the hand before putting focus on the drop down list click it. That worked for me as well but upgrading (yea right) to IE 7 made life easier.

My guess is that the server itself was getting old (how long have the forums been around) and most IT department will do a rolling hardware/software upgrade at the same time.

Was the old software UBB?

Yes it was

Old Version was 6.0.12 or something this is 7.1.1, you would think a new version would keep the original features WHILE ADDING new features.

Sigh My Stuff works in Safari but that is not my chosen browser ... Firefox is and none of the menu options that have a drop-down menu work in the Mac version of FF

Yes it was

Old Version was 6.0.12 or something this is 7.1.1, you would think a new version would keep the original features WHILE ADDING new features.

Yeah, and WTF is up with not HIGHLIGHTING the new posts? That's Grade 1 basic features, and it's virtually impossible to navigate now.

And what about the simple (and temporary) sorting function? Now you have to go to the bottom of the page, change your preferences, then sort, and then go back to the bottom of the page, reset your preferences and then resort.

One mouse click vs. about ten.